Last Minute Advice on Fiio E7...
Jan 10, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #76 of 168
Jan 10, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #77 of 168
Well my fiio e7 from miccastore came today. And I have to say wow they make my M50's a lot better from my laptop which had a generic soundcard. Sound is a lot crisper and the bass is more impactful.  Definetly a big difference and 100 dollars well worth spent!

Jan 10, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #78 of 168

Quote:
Well my fiio e7 from miccastore came today. And I have to say wow they make my M50's a lot better from my laptop which had a generic soundcard. Sound is a lot crisper and the bass is more impactful.  Definetly a big difference and 100 dollars well worth spent!

Now thats what I was hoping to hear :)  Can't wait to get it now!

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #79 of 168
the difference is minimal, but the L1 is made with thinner wire, and the gold connector is less sturdy and well made.  The L3 is just the opposite.  Plus i believe that the larger LOD connector on the L3 reduces line noise more efficiently than the latter.  look here http://www.hifitogo.com/blog/fiio-l1-vs-l3/

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #80 of 168

Quote:
Quote:
Lol well i just bit the bullet and placed my order there: Fiio e7 + L2, and the LOD L3  $91 after code: a5b0047891

What's the difference between the L3 and the L1?

Quote:
the difference is minimal, but the L1 is made with thinner wire, and the gold connector is less sturdy and well made.  The L3 is just the opposite.  Plus i believe that the larger LOD connector on the L3 reduces line noise more efficiently than the latter.  look here http://www.hifitogo.com/blog/fiio-l1-vs-l3/

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #81 of 168

Quote:
Quote:
Lol well i just bit the bullet and placed my order there: Fiio e7 + L2, and the LOD L3  $91 after code: a5b0047891

What's the difference between the L3 and the L1?

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #82 of 168
ignore this post, i cannot figure out how to delete former posts 
angry_face.gif

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #83 of 168
ignore those posts, i cannot figure out how to delete former posts 
angry_face.gif

Jan 10, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #84 of 168

Quote:
ignore those posts, i cannot figure out how to delete former posts 
angry_face.gif

If I didn't know better, I'd think you are spaming. You can certainly edit the post, but you can't delete them. What is said is said, it teaches us to speak more "carefully" or in this case click the submit button.
biggrin.gif

My comment was based on exactly that link you provided. It's probably worth buying L3 if the amp is quit expensive, depending on your indifference curve (preference).

Jan 11, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #85 of 168
Sorry i did not know any better.  I am not spamming, plus if I were, there isn't much benefit to it and i have no incentive to spam anyways.   I was trying to edit my first post, but after i finished editing and clicked the "Submit" button, the edit gave rise to a whole new message! instead of just modifying the old one.  I have lots of experience on several other forums (mostly automotive forums), and never ran into this problem before, plus you could delete what your messages if you desired to.  I understand how juvenile this seemed, and I apologize for my ignorance. 

Now back on topic:  It only costs and additional $3 for the L3 so I too agree with Kingpage that it is well worth the upgrade 
regular_smile .gif

Jan 12, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #86 of 168
So I AM EXTREMELY PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!  Mp4nation says it ships within 3-5 days of order.  I ordered mine on the 5th, and when I say 5th I mean 2 or 3am on the 5th eastern time which is the beginning of the day.  On Monday I spoke to an agent as it wasn't shipped out yet just to check up on it and he said it would be shipped out by Wednesday at the latest.  Here is how my day has gone and this just proves I am one of the most unluckiest people in the universe.  I only made two purchases this Christmas, both online.  One is from bestbuy which is a GPS, the other is this.  Bestbuy informs me now that my gps was lost and I ordered it on the 24th and was supposed to have it on the 30th.  Right now I spoke to an agent with mp4nation as my order still hasnt shppied and hello its WEDNESDAY!!!.  The agent asked for my order number and responded a few minutes later by saying.....you guys ready for this???....he said

"No. There have been techincal mistakes and we accidently miss your order number"

Thats right, he just put the label on it now and says it won't be shipped out until either tomorrow or Friday at the earliest.  I asked for them to ship it express then since they messed up and he said he can't.  Lesson of the day, don't order crap online!!!!

Jan 12, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #87 of 168
At the rate its going now, I fully expect to get a call from Vancouver customs once it has reached Canada and be expected to pay some sort of duty on it or tax, either that or they'll think its some bomb threat.  Stay tuned, this is gonna get real interesting :)

Jan 12, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #88 of 168
If it makes you feel better, I won't get mine soon either.

Although the package arrived at the airport on Monday, there has been massive flooding here in Brisbane. The post office has been shut down since 1pm yesterday. And there won't be any mail delivery until all the flood water has receded, probably. The water level will peak tomorrow. Anyway, you may even get yours before I do mine, at this rate.

I say, let's stay positive.

Jan 12, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #89 of 168
It's a curse!
On a side note, has anyone been able to track or even bring up the tracking info on the hongkongpost.com site? The tracking # still doesn't register and I got it 5 days ago (not 5 business days).

Jan 12, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #90 of 168
I wouldn't sweat things, MarkyMark. It can be frustrating but the goods always arrive. Don't order from them if you're in a rush perhaps, but if you're trying to save money, I see no issue. 

I got lucky this time...I ordered an E7 on Dec 31 and it arrived a couple of days ago. I've bought from them a number of times and the longest I've ever had to wait is 3 weeks. And the outgoing custom label on the packages are typically stamped "gift", which presumably avoids complications at this end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back