Last Minute Advice on Fiio E7...
Jan 4, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #31 of 168

Quote:
Just wanted to confirm that I have place an order using "newyear15of11" (one coupon per order) and here's the tally:

Your Total $84.58

-$12.69
Discount Coupon: newyear15of11 :

$71.89
Total:

Awesome! Thank you all for the code!!!

Now the hardest part of all, the waiting game
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the family (of waiting for E7 from mp4nation).

Jan 5, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #32 of 168
Thanks to zyzyx for the discount coupon and to kingpage for the pm and all the help thus far.  Was able to snag the E7 with the L2 cable for  $71.89.  However when I returned to the site the E7 was still in my cart, I also didn't receive an order number and I payed through worldpay using a credit card so worldpay said it was approved and gave me a merchant reference number and transaction id.  I had to create a support ticket with mp4nation in order to get confirmation of my order so hopefully everything goes well and what already seems to be a long wait doesn't get any longer :frowning2:

Jan 5, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #33 of 168
I only use Paypal, which is foolproof. You should set up a Paypal account using your credit card, then any order is automatically approved with payment completed right away because Paypal acts as a guarantor for you.

Jan 5, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #34 of 168
Damn. I should've put the coupon code for someone to use. Lemme check at home if the coupon code that I bought from MP4nation is still valid or not. Btw, welcome to the E7 family. =)

Jan 5, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #39 of 168
Oh you changed your picture, nice the first one was disturbing loll

So there was some communication problem between WorldPay and mp4nation.  However Hugo at mp4 cleared everything up for me and he also said they technically shouldn't be giving me the discount but decided to anyways because of the mix up.  He had to give me store credit so I re-purchased it, its on its way :)  I live in Canada so it has to go through Vancouver so its most likely gonna take a full 14 business days plus Vancouver is being super sensitive right now so that won't help, but I guess the safer the better.  When did you order it?

Jan 5, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #40 of 168
Yeah, I wanted to put the actual me wearing my beloved CAL as my profile picture instead of some random funny (or disturbing in your case) one pulled from the net.

I ordered it last Thursdays. It was mailed out on the same day. It says on HPO website that it's "being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 4-Jan-2011" since yesterday, so it still hasn't left Hong Kong yet. It seems like getting it before this Friday may be out of the question. I should expect it arrive this coming Monday instead.

It's good that it got through for you. Anyhow, they should endorse/ackownledge the coupon code even though it's supposed to have expired because they didn't remember to take it out. It's like once I got a skateboard for $2 because of a computer error from the department store, and I still regret throwing it away.

Jan 5, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #43 of 168
CAL is short for Creative Aurvana Live!, which is quite a mouthful. It's the same as the very popular, more expensive Denon D1000 or D1001, only the enclosure/cups is different in design, so the sound is ever so slightly different. It's a great audiophile-grade phone for beginners. Unfortunately, I bought them for an ridiculous price of $90 from Creativelabs Australia. It used to be around $60 a year or two ago. I am still very much irritated by the fact that I paid top price for it, although I'm completely satifacfied with the SQ straight from a low quality source.

Jan 5, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #44 of 168
$60 is cheap for something that is basically a Denon, too cheap, $90 is good too but I'm not sure how much the D1000 or D1001 is so I'm just speculating based on brand.  I see the D1100 at bhphotovideo right now and its $125, never saw it there before so never ended up considering it has an option when I was picking headphones, I wonder how it compares to mu 750DJs.

Jan 5, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #45 of 168
It's too late now to second guess. We will have to live with our choices.

I will make sure I won't think about audio stuff in the next few years, until such time when I can afford to upgrade my 5 year old 15 inch laptop for a 24 or 27 inch LCD and when I'm ready for a $200 headphone or maybe a pair of decent bookshelf speakers of a similar price tag. But as of now, my 15 inch laptop is my weakest link.

I picked CAL for many reviews praising it for the wow factor for movies, since I don't really listen to music that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back