Last Mid ohio meet this year Fall meet here we come. (westerville again) (November 24th) impressions tread
Dec 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #36 of 82
So are you with the All the senns you must own with the Stratus :wink:

PLus its just not that schiit i have to worry about my Si will be back in 2 months so i am saving for more parts for that as well. And i just picked up an Integra as well...hmm It will be nice as a daily i hope.

Dec 4, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #42 of 82
Man, I have to say I'm a bit surprised. The Vali still needs more burn in time (Schiit recommends 50-100 hours) but so far I'm honestly preferring my Aune T1 with both the HD650s and my Mad Dogs. Maybe it's the power difference, maybe it's the burn-in time. I'll know as it gets farther along. The Aune currently separates better and gives better positioning right now. But again, these are just early impressions. Running off my MBP, both using the tube Aune DAC. Only difference is the SS in the Aune and the tubes in the Vali. The Aune feels more alive with any genre currently, from jazz to EDM to rock to musical theater. The Vali adds a little sparkle, but it's not balanced across the entire upper range. It just a couple frequency spikes for the time being. And the T1 does better pulling vocals, both male and female, from the rest.

For S&Gs I have a somewhat sensitive IEM in currently. Yeah, no. Noise floor is very obvious during quiet music or when watching a video. But then again I expected that from the start. Aune sounds better and works better with more sensitive headphones.

Dec 4, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #45 of 82

Users who are viewing this thread

Back