Larry at Headphile is selling a "like new" condition Sennheiser HE90 Orpheus...is that the going rate?
Nov 21, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #16 of 74

Is kids short for kidneys?
Quote:
Somebody probably sold one of his kids to get them.

I'v been watching too much 'Matroesjka's

Nov 21, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #17 of 74

Quote:
Seems a fair price. Still, I'd rather pick up a used Ducati for that sum. That would be slightly more exciting.
biggrin.gif

Funny you should say that, because I'm in that market at the moment as well.  I've got an '08 Monster S4RS Tricolore that I keep in the US, but that big beast scares the crap out of me.  So I'm thinking about getting a lesser powered, but still pretty powerful, Ducati to bring to Cayman.  Figure I can cut my teeth on something like the Monster 796, which is $10k new.  Or at least that's the first cost, before any mods, and before shipping and import duty.  Would probably be about $15k all in, at least to get it to Cayman.

But seriously, there are some outstanding buys in the used Ducati market these days, at least for monsters, which is my thing.  Wouldn't want a superbike because I just couldn't handle one properly.

Nov 21, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #19 of 74
I dunno, but they seemed to sell fast, so I guess that also confirms that the price he was asking was a fair one! 

I guess my kids college fund is safe
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #20 of 74
There is a HE-90 for sale in the FS/FT forums: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/523822/sennheiser-he90-orpheus-headphones-kgss-amplifier-arcam-cd72t-cd-player

Nov 21, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #22 of 74

Quote:
Quote:
Seems a fair price. Still, I'd rather pick up a used Ducati for that sum. That would be slightly more exciting.
biggrin.gif

LOL!  Nice one.  Yeah, having trouble getting my arms around spending that much for these (or any headphone), although I confess when I first saw them I was sort of tempted, knowing that the chances to own a really great condition pair are slim.  I bought the pair of NOS AKG K340's Larry was selling, and they truly were NOS - amazing condition.  So this sort of briefly tempted me - until I remembered I still have to send both my kids to college...

Have you tried steroids? They are a quite helpful way to attain scholarships!

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #25 of 74
Audiocats posted...

Quote:
 Good thing he doesn't ship! or my wallet might get $8k lighter really quick.... 

You could always catch a plane and pick up personally...........

Bit hard for me here in the antipodes..   Even if I had the readies available.

Nov 28, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #27 of 74
Well I wasn't going to admit on this thread that I picked up this pair (OP), but just wanted to throw out kudos to Larry.  Man, these things arrived in such absurdly new-looking shape, you'd think the box had never even been opened.  Great guy to deal with, he included a custom stand he made to match the wood of the HE90's which was a very nice touch.  Listening to them right now on the Woo Audio WES (it has an HE90 output).  Quite different than the O2 mk1s, that's for sure.  Very nice sound, way too soon to leave impressions (just started listening to them), but the mid-range is incredible and very natural sounding.  Will post again.

Nov 28, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #28 of 74
Congrats man!

Nov 28, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #29 of 74
Please post pictures and impressions ! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back