Large West coast meeting in Vancouver?
Jan 8, 2005 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

TrevorNetwork

TrevorNetwork - Canadian Group Buy Coordinator
Hello all!

I am seriously considering organizing a large meet for some time in March or April. We're talking hall-rental, catering, the whole thing. I am currently examining the logistics of such an event. How many people are interested?

Jan 8, 2005 at 7:18 AM Post #3 of 41
I'm interested. Email me if you want to discuss it. BTW I am selling my HD600s if you're still interested. Should have nice, new, burned-in DT800s for the meet! Plus I can bring my ITZBITZ-built PPA and DT831s along.
600smile.gif

Jan 8, 2005 at 7:26 AM Post #4 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by chia-pet
I hear there's a Seattle-Meet on January 15th. Just letting you know in case you didn't. :]

Since hes comming im sure he knows about it
wink.gif

I might go to this.

Jan 9, 2005 at 10:01 AM Post #5 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork
Hello all!

I am seriously considering organizing a large meet for some time in March or April. We're talking hall-rental, catering, the whole thing. I am currently examining the logistics of such an event. How many people are interested?

heheh... when you mean catering? what do you mean?

Supporting local Headfi? Of cos...

Jan 9, 2005 at 10:47 AM Post #6 of 41
I'd be very interested! I've never been to Vancouver, but have several business contacts there and have been planning a trip forever and a day. The timing would seem to be perfect as well, especially in April... March is still winter in Vancouver, isn't it?!?!?
eek.gif

Jan 9, 2005 at 10:55 PM Post #7 of 41
Actually one of the reasons that Vancouver is the most expensive city in Canada is because winter here means daily temperatures about 0. Sure, it drops below occasionally and if you add up those days it can come to one or two weeks tops, and sometimes there's even snow - like right now.

But in March, it should be about 10C, either rain or sun depending on our luck. It's supposed to be rainy but the climate is screwed up these days.

Jan 12, 2005 at 11:16 AM Post #9 of 41
April perhaps. Especially if I can procure myself a vehicle by then (otherwise I'd have to hitch a ride). March isn't so good, I'll be visiting relatives for about half of it.

Also gives more time to get arrangements made.

Jan 22, 2005 at 9:29 PM Post #12 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizelbs
Pending the results of the Seattle meet, I can probably make a larger one in the Vancouver area.

How so? Do you mean bring more equipment?

Jan 22, 2005 at 9:31 PM Post #13 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork
Hello all!

Catering : ) Oh, I noticed in the pictures of the Seattle meet, it seemed very rugged. Not quite the environment one could sink into a pair of headphones. I hope we can somehow find a place with a massive amount of couches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back