LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING
Jul 12, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #436 of 1,051
You can also try an Uptone Audio REGEN with a Linear Power supply, which will cost about the same as a fancy PCI USB card.

Lampi always responds well  to better source/Transport.

Jul 13, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #437 of 1,051
That would be an interesting – and in my case cheaper – option as I just bought an HDPlex 100W linear PSU to power my music server. And this PSU has three extra connections, so I could also power the Regen from it...
To make a long story short: I ordered one and will be patient until mid August...
Thanks again!

Sep 19, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #440 of 1,051

thanks wisnon!
I will sure give foobar and hqplayer a try to compare them with jriver when up-converting to DSD...
And thanks for pointing out that I2S will not work with the Lampizator's chipless design :-|
Maybe it will be better to upgrade the source with a SOTM-like PCI USB card?
I think the Lampi's Combo384 Amanero is already doing a great job of converting USB to I2S...

Hey Wisnon, Have you tried the Bughead? I am being pestered by friends to use this software.

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #442 of 1,051
Hi I'm Kiertijai from Thailand

I recently purchased Lampizator big 7 with DSD256 upgrade from a head-fi
member from UK
I have problem to set up the DSD playback via PC window 7using J River Media

I downloaded the driver from amanero following the web provided.

However it did not work, I don't know whether it was because of the PC did not recognize
the driver or because of inappropriate setup,  Please help me about the setup.

I set up the J River Media as followed (as the info. from Lampizator is not in English so I followed those of MSB
DAC setup)

Step one: Go to Tools Options
Step 2: Select Audio tab on the left side of the window
Step 3: Under Audio Device select (MSB ASIO Driver [ASIO) in my case: amanero combo384
Step 4: IMPORTANT! Skip to step 5 if you have the Premium USB interface that allows for Quad Rate DSD and Direct DSD.

Only do this step if you have the standard DAC IV 192kHz USB, the DAC IV Signature 384kHz, or the standard Analog DAC USB interface.

Under Audio Device select … Device settings… and under Tools check the box DSD bitstream in DoP format 

Step 5: Under Settings select Bitstreaming: DSD

Step 6: Scroll down to Volume and select Volume Mode: Disabled Volume. This will disable JRiver’s digital volume control and send the audio direct to the DAC without any manipulation. You can leave it on and just set it to 100%.

It still doesn't work.  I have asked Lukasz but did not get the answer back.  I also asked the seller but he uses HQplayer .
Please help me about the set up.  Or if you think there is something wrong with the driver please help me to find the right one.
If it's in the DSD I will ask for warranty service.
thanks,

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #443 of 1,051
Does it play regular files? If it does, I think you have to press the button on the front of the DAC for DSD playback. 

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #444 of 1,051
Thanks for the suggestion and help here and via private message
I finally have my Lampizator Big7 running and it sounds wonderful even
with the tubes that came from previous owner : EH274B + Sylvania 6A3 & EML45

I will try Western Electric 101D (original), Arcturus Blue 145, RCA Globe UX245,
RCA 2A3 monoplate, Sylvania 2A3 spring top, WE300B , WE274B later

I also would like to ask whether can I use Osram PX25 , PX4 as they are similar to 300B

Oct 19, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #447 of 1,051
I have connected the Schiit Wyrd to the USB cable before connecting to the Lampizator
but my PC did not recognize so the Schiit Wyrd cannot be used as decrappifier here.

Can we use Uptone Regen or Audioquest Jitterbug ? 

Oct 19, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #450 of 1,051
  Thanks for the suggestion and help here and via private message
I finally have my Lampizator Big7 running and it sounds wonderful even
with the tubes that came from previous owner : EH274B + Sylvania 6A3 & EML45

I will try Western Electric 101D (original), Arcturus Blue 145, RCA Globe UX245,
RCA 2A3 monoplate, Sylvania 2A3 spring top, WE300B , WE274B later

I also would like to ask whether can I use Osram PX25 , PX4 as they are similar to 300B

What was the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back