Lake People G111 - Headphone Amp
Jan 8, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #91 of 107
By the way I also emailed Lake People about the differences between amps and power output specs and got a reply from Fried Reim. I’m guessing he won’t mind me quoting him here:

“The power rating of the Lake People amps is nothing of real interest under “normal“ circumstances. All are strong enough to drive even demanding headphones to the max without becoming breathless.
G105 – G111 are more powerful compared to G103 due to more beef from the power supply.
Our Lake People amps G103, G105 and G108 are 100% neutral in terms of THD figures under standard conditions - which can be a bit boring to listeners used to stuff which is generally a bit coloring – like hi-fi gear normally is. G111 is neutral too - but a step towards the warm side. Meaning that the very low harmonics are shaped so that even harmonics are most time a bit higher than the following uneven harmonics.
This behavior is even more pronounced by the Violectric amps which are known for their smooth sound.”

Jan 8, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #93 of 107
I've always said that the G111 MKII is more neutral toned than the V200... it's not as cold as some Chinese amps I've tried. The G111 MKII is also very nice with headphones which have a warm tone. I'm not surprised that you might like the G111 even more than the Violectric, even though it is balanced.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #94 of 107
Just picked up the G111 from B&H today, and must say right away you can hear differences. It goes from the flat sound G105, to a more dynamic low end and more prominent, clearer sound of the instruments of the G111. Its funny how on paper they look like they should sound the same, but dont.
I'm Happy I made the change, I'm returning the G105 today. I'm using a Fiio K11 as a dac today because sold my JDS Dacs, but the Fiio K11 actually sounds really good as a dac. Tomorrow I should be receiving my Geshelli Labs JS2 Dac with the AKM 4499 chip and the Sparkos SS3602 opamps. Cant wait to hear the pairing.

Jan 8, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #95 of 107
Just picked up the G111 from B&H today, and must say right away you can hear differences. It goes from the flat sound G105, to a more dynamic low end and more prominent, clearer sound of the instruments of the G111. Its funny how on paper they look like they should sound the same, but dont.
I'm Happy I made the change, I'm returning the G105 today. I'm using a Fiio K11 as a dac today because sold my JDS Dacs, but the Fiio K11 actually sounds really good as a dac. Tomorrow I should be receiving my Geshelli Labs JS2 Dac with the AKM 4499 chip and the Sparkos SS3602 opamps. Cant wait to hear the pairing.
Nice! What headphones?

Jan 8, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #97 of 107
I was considering the G105 or G108 (was cheaper then) as well before getting the G111 MKII, but reading the G111 MKII was discrete and the others were op-amp amps made the decision for me. I prefer discrete amps to op-amp ones in general so that made the decision easy for me. I may eventually delve into Violectric amps or go for a nice Class A amp such as the Schiit Mjolnir 3.

Right now I really like the Sennheiser HD600s2 just love the overall sound of these headphones and this Amp really brings out the low end, and I also have Edition XS, like those but liked the Ayras Stealth better, might get them again. I think I'll be happy there.
Seconded on the HD 660S2 sounding really nice on the G111 MKII.

Jan 8, 2024 at 9:14 PM Post #98 of 107

I've always been curious about that pairing with G11 MKII and that J2 AKAM. Something tells me it's going to be magical.

Jan 9, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #99 of 107
Actually recieved the JNOG2 SOCKETED today and with the 4499 dac chip and Sparkos SS3602 have it paired with the G111 on the XLR connection which for me sounds better.
Using the HD660s2 and the Edition XS you do get a smooth controled dynamic sound on the low end and a nice full body sound through out. I enjoy how it controls the high end letting it be high enough but not piercing.
Im happy with my pairing.

Attachments

• 20240109_152039.jpg
    20240109_152039.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #100 of 107
Hi all in this thread.
I can read that this thread is also about the G111 MKii as much as it is about the G111.
I have a question about the MKii: I want this amp, also because my next headphone purchase most likely will be the Dan Clark E3, and WaveTheory was kind enough to respond to my question asked in the comments below his review on this headphone on YouTube if this amp could drive them efficiently, which he confirmed. I want to use my Mojo 2 as a DAC. Since it is a single ended DAC (with 3,5 line out), I would like to know if there’s any differences between using line out to RCA (single ended) and line out to XLR (balanced) in any aspects?
Thanks.

Mar 9, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #101 of 107
Hi all in this thread.
I can read that this thread is also about the G111 MKii as much as it is about the G111.
I have a question about the MKii: I want this amp, also because my next headphone purchase most likely will be the Dan Clark E3, and WaveTheory was kind enough to respond to my question asked in the comments below his review on this headphone on YouTube if this amp could drive them efficiently, which he confirmed. I want to use my Mojo 2 as a DAC. Since it is a single ended DAC (with 3,5 line out), I would like to know if there’s any differences between using line out to RCA (single ended) and line out to XLR (balanced) in any aspects?
Thanks.
Stick with rca. Converting b/w the 2 adds several variables not worth dealing with, IMO.

Mar 24, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #105 of 107
Just waiting delivery of G111 mk2 :wink: crossfingers should be really spot on :) thanks WaveTheory for helping me out with decision :)
I use g103p mk2 for vocal trackings & listening , need 2nd great amp & g111 mk2 looks in price range perfect .
Love LAKE PEOPLE sound signature on Mk2 .

Was able to buy g111 mk2 used for 280 Euro, which I believe is epic :)

edit impressions: wow wow wow !! g111 mk2 is definitely sound stage wise & details , impact, musicality whole new level compared to g103p mk2 :) sound is much more impactfull and bigger , this is as far as I can request music goes :) I totally not get guys who not see difference between g111 mk2 and g103p mk2 , however g103p sounds still if thinner 1000x better then any basic or so called better sound card headphone output :) g103p mk2 is still keeper, sound signature of lake people is still shining STRONG enough on g103p mk2 too, not so shabby at all really not at all, but by all means g111 mk2 is more close to premium stuff quality in this price range , recommend to new buyers :))) some details on g111 mk2, holy smokes, as now I`m listening to it it`s surprising ! :D waa

what is for some instances better on g103p mk2 is narrower stage line more impact to ears is in many cases WANTED ability :) naturally it feels about right :)
g103p mk2 close to stage g111 mk2 more far away with more warmth & details , so you can choose where to sit in the concert depends on mood,
but dammn g111 mk2 ! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back