Lafayette F-990
May 21, 2004 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Lostlamb

100+ Head-Fier
I did a search for these headphones, and it didn't produce.
frown.gif

Was wondering if anyone has a pair of these old headphones. If you have these or heard of these, do you have any spec on them?

Lafayette F-990

Aug 22, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 13
I just got a pair for free in a yard sale box. I was hoping to find out more myself. I like them and think they sound good. I was wondering if that is plastic or metal inside the earcups. Nice headphones for free.

Sep 9, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #4 of 13
I'm getting a pair of these soon off ebay. I'm really excited to get these headphones!

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
talk about depreciation:

Originally valued at $29.95 in 1973. Today they generally go for around $5 to $15 used.

happy listening.

I guess it's good for us vintage audio guys.
tongue_smile.gif
I highly recommend them for anyone looking for vintage headphones.

Sep 9, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #10 of 13
I found these that I have owned for over 25 years still work and very well I might add.
I wanted to have good headphones but not spend 300 dollars or something ridicules like that.
So I bought a simple $2 adaptor and I am using with my IPAD 2. I really enjoy the sound it's very good. Quality matters folks. They are metal plates inside not plastic how about that.

Dec 19, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #13 of 13
I found these that I have owned for over 25 years still work and very well I might add.
I wanted to have good headphones but not spend 300 dollars or something ridicules like that.
So I bought a simple $2 adaptor and I am using with my IPAD 2. I really enjoy the sound it's very good. Quality matters folks. They are metal plates inside not plastic how about that.

Hello
I  just received mine "like new" today and I have to say that the sound is really good. Yes, a little obscure but ...  I compared it with HD 580 and ATH A900X let me tell you that the instrument separation is almost the same of ATH. 
This is amazing. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back