Lady GaGa
Jan 10, 2010 at 7:19 AM Post #61 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even if Hung did perfect his technique i really doubt it would appeal that much to the public.

He'd certainly never "make it", but "making it" these days has nothing to do with skill or talent, simply what sort of visual package you are followed by a stream of ruthless marketing and samples sent to radio stations until you have a hit. Could be be a successful pub circuit muso? Sure.

Jan 10, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #62 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He'd certainly never "make it", but "making it" these days has nothing to do with skill or talent, simply what sort of visual package you are followed by a stream of ruthless marketing and samples sent to radio stations until you have a hit. Could be be a successful pub circuit muso? Sure.

That or win American idol, Britain's got Talent, etc.
tongue.gif

Feb 12, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #63 of 194
oh man, so i checked out the whole album, and now i cant stop listening to it, id have to say that paparazzi is the standout for me...just got back from the store buying the fame monster which comes with both cds...whats happening to me, all i listen to is metal

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #64 of 194
musical taste changes from time to time :p

i actually like her cd better than others who are in pop music. it's pretty catchy and that usually gets me most of the time..well i also didnt have to pay for it as it was in my library so that probably helped quite a bit

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #66 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by hiddenninja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got more respect for her the moment I heard her play Poker Face with nothing more than a piano and her voice.

exactly i saw her do that on youtube for a japanese crowd. She really is a good singer. And i still dont like pop in general, just lady gaga
k701smile.gif

Feb 12, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #69 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh man, so i checked out the whole album, and now i cant stop listening to it, id have to say that paparazzi is the standout for me...just got back from the store buying the fame monster which comes with both cds...whats happening to me, all i listen to is metal

True, Paparazzi is my favorite track of hers to date, they really are catchy songs.

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #70 of 194
Lady GaGa's songs are catchy, I can't deny that.

But... its nothing more then that
rolleyes.gif

Feb 12, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #71 of 194
JAPS - Just Another Pop Star. Lady Gaga is the first pop star with a talented voice. She won't be the last. She isn't the first with clever lyrics that are double entendres. Of course they're catchy. Both Madonna and Cyndi Lauper have/had great voices with songs with clever lyrics. Lady Gaga didn't reinvent anything. She's just another pop singer. Not that people shouldn't want to appeal to the masses and makes tens of millions of dollars. Let's just not get too confused as to what she represents.

Feb 13, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #73 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JAPS - Just Another Pop Star. Lady Gaga is the first pop star with a talented voice. She won't be the last. She isn't the first with clever lyrics that are double entendres. Of course they're catchy. Both Madonna and Cyndi Lauper have/had great voices with songs with clever lyrics. Lady Gaga didn't reinvent anything. She's just another pop singer. Not that people shouldn't want to appeal to the masses and makes tens of millions of dollars. Let's just not get too confused as to what she represents.

completely agree!

Feb 13, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #74 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by evanft /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You forgot the fact that her songs are on a completely different level compared to any mainstream pop artist of the last 15-20 years.

really how so? all of her songs sound the same to me. Mindless drivel and dumb Innuendo over wanna be 90s dance music and nothing more, I call it person Pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back