LA Meet August 12
Aug 16, 2006 at 4:22 AM Post #106 of 140
Holy. It was a 2-day meet? I think this shindig officially kicked NYC's butt this time around. I sense a shift to the West Side within the year...rut ro! BTW, something about this Grado appealed to me greatly...
small2006lameettrip066.jpg

Aug 16, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #107 of 140
LOL! Judging by this:

Edwood_SoCalMeetSummer06_01.jpg

I guess you really liked what you won. I can honestly say that I am very happy you won the set and that you liked it as much as you did. Enjoy and happy listening!
biggrin.gif

Aug 16, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #108 of 140
Some beautiful pics Tyll. So glaad you could get another 10D after the other one was stolen. Love your crazy flash gun setup.

Some people would think it's crazy to drive so far for meets, but it's easy to see why you enjoy the drive so much. It's about the journey as much as the destination.

-Ed

Aug 16, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #109 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by utarch00
What. Is that a sub in the passenger floor board? Those pods are crazy also.

Whose set up is this?

A new member. Has put a lot into his car rig, and is interested in headphones.

I must say it's THE best car audio system I've ever heard, and the most home speaker sounding car rig I've heard. Hence the sub in the front passenger side footwell.

While the bass is still somewhat boomy, those speaker "pods" have some amazing imaging and soundstage. Also, from the outside, the car is very well sound deadened and sealed.

I didn't manage to get a pic of it, but the amps in the back were Massive.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Aug 16, 2006 at 2:34 PM Post #112 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR
blink.gif

Until now I can't recall ever having read anyone describe Grado headphones as lacking midrange. I was always under the impression that midrange is what they do best and my ears bring me to that conclusion as well.

That lack of mids is why Todd ran a new production run of flat pads. With bowls, the mids simply drop out of most of the line. The PS-1 is the only Grado I can listen to with bowl pads. Balancing the RS-1 brings out the mids enough to use bowl pads (which do increase detail). Otherwise, flats are needed to salvage the midrange, IMO.

Aug 16, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #115 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Heheh, I wondered how long it would take for someone to catch my reference there.

-Ed

Hi Ed,

The link doesn't work. I think that it's because there is a <cr> in the url. Anyway, when I mouse "reference", the URL in the status window is:
Edit: fixed bad URL

Aug 17, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #118 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Holy. It was a 2-day meet? I think this shindig officially kicked NYC's butt this time around. I sense a shift to the West Side within the year...rut ro! BTW, something about this Grado appealed to me greatly...
small2006lameettrip066.jpg

Is this amp available? Is it a prototype? Thanks.

Aug 17, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #119 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
Is this amp available? Is it a prototype? Thanks.

I believe that's 909's Eddie Current 2A3. I used to have a prototype to that amp. I think the one in the pic is an upgraded version from the one I have and not as high end as jp#'s S2A3. An Eddie Current Si2A3 is listed in the fs forum at the moment.

One like this will be in Florida in the next month or so.

DSC02656.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back