LA Meet August 12
Aug 20, 2006 at 2:21 AM Post #136 of 140
IMG_0081.jpg

Can anyone tell me about these Grados? Particularly the headband. How can I get one? Will it fit all Grado models?

Aug 21, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #137 of 140
Those Grado's are 325's with Headphile pads and the headband off a cheap $2 Chinese headphone. In the picture, under the table are 5 of the little buggers.

With the Headphile pads, the original band was clamping around my temples, leaving the bottom of the phones open and a very unsecure feeling. The replacement clamps around my ears, providing a better seal and more comfort.

They're a little cheap looking with the blue plastic. Its held by 4 screws so you can replace it with a piece of leather or fabric or whatever.

Should fit all Grado's. The wishbone thingy is just a steel wire you can bend to size.

Check your PM for more info.

Aug 23, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #138 of 140
I would to extend a huge thank you to Eddie Current, Etymotic Research, HeadAmp, HeadRoom, Imagine Hi Fi, Grover Huffman, SinglePower, Ultimate Ears, LFF, guzziguy, and Zippy2001 for donating raffle items and to those that bought tickets. We raised $850. After contacting people about reimbursement, offsetting table rental, snacks, beverages, supplies, paid to have the studio cleaned, a minimal rental fee, and other expenses for the two day meet, we have a remainder of $265. Within the next day or so, I’ll send (Jude) Head-Fi a PayPal payment. Once again, thanks to everyone that participated to make this meet a great success.

Aug 23, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #139 of 140
Wish I was there!

Thanks for everyone's impressions. Sounds like it was a real fun time.

~Thanks

Edit: Did anyone get a chance to listen to the MHdt Lab's Constantine DAC?

Aug 23, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #140 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7
Wish I was there!

Thanks for everyone's impressions. Sounds like it was a real fun time.

~Thanks

Edit: Did anyone get a chance to listen to the MHdt Lab's Constantine DAC?

It was a real fun time. Mark (Borat) has a Constantine DAC. I listened to his system, but using my Ipod so I didn't hear the DAC. He should be able to tell you about it.

Regards,

-ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back