L.K.S. Audio MH-DA004 Dual ES9038PRO DAC - Van Damme's double impact?
Jun 3, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #886 of 4,419
Jun 3, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #887 of 4,419
disaster with my i2s card!!!!!!!

this capacitor broke off and I don't know what to order!

Würth Elektronik WE 221 016 ASLL-D35. diameter approx. 6mm, length approx. 7-8mm.

thanx in advance!

10122863_thumb.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN2755.JPG
    DSCN2755.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #888 of 4,419
Not too sure - some report that i2s is innately better. I haven't got a singxer. I'm mostly using USB from pc to wyrd with good results. But also have no probs with optical and coax.

From my experience the file type is more important - the higher the file sampling frequency, the greater the rate of hearing static / white noise, with most dsd256 files being unplayable except at dpll > 8.

I found that pcm files played back at dpll set to 1, sounded better than native dsd files with high dpll.
Kind of sad that dsd can't be play at dpll=1,
using HQPlayer upsampling to DSD, dpll=1(the few audible seconds) is so much more transparent than dpll>8 and better than pcm playback,
wonder if there's potential solution to this, software and hardware wise?

Jun 4, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #889 of 4,419
Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #890 of 4,419
Instability of the powersupply is usually the causes. That is very unfortunate, let me know what you found out
http://katalog.we-online.de/en/pbs/WCAP-PSHP?sid=0582fef8c1

its the cap directly behind the molex power socket. It was already bent over and lose when I received it, secondhand from america. Pretty insecure in a jiffy bag! I accidentally caught it with my finger or thumb when pushing the molex plug firmly into the socket and it didn't take very much for it to fall completely off the card/board. :)

10123043_thumb.jpg

Attachments

• 1844042-pink-faun-i2s-bridge-pcie-card (b).jpg
    1844042-pink-faun-i2s-bridge-pcie-card (b).jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #891 of 4,419
its the cap directly behind the molex power socket. It was already bent over and lose when I received it, secondhand from america. Pretty insecure in a jiffy bag! I accidentally caught it with my finger or thumb when pushing the molex plug firmly into the socket and it didn't take very much for it to fall completely off the card/board. :)

10123043_thumb.jpg

So it was very lose, and that you could push it around ? Why didn’t you solder it back on ?

Jun 4, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #892 of 4,419
So it was very lose, and that you could push it around ? Why didn’t you solder it back on ?
I thought the prongs might break and I was correct because now there are no prongs/legs protruding from the underneath at all!

Wurth & Mouser (UK) don't know what part it is by the number on the top! Sent an email to pink faun.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #893 of 4,419
Kind of sad that dsd can't be play at dpll=1,
using HQPlayer upsampling to DSD, dpll=1(the few audible seconds) is so much more transparent than dpll>8 and better than pcm playback,
wonder if there's potential solution to this, software and hardware wise?
Well, you can upsample the pcm to dsf files off-line. Quite a few software can do this, foobar, jriver can convert pcm to dsf files up to 256. Certainly on jriver, I can play dsf 256 using native asio at dpll 1. Just means you need more disk storage. But they are cheap and you don't have to convert your entire library. May be just your favourite albums.

Jun 5, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #894 of 4,419
Well, you can upsample the pcm to dsf files off-line. Quite a few software can do this, foobar, jriver can convert pcm to dsf files up to 256. Certainly on jriver, I can play dsf 256 using native asio at dpll 1. Just means you need more disk storage. But they are cheap and you don't have to convert your entire library. May be just your favourite albums.
xiamen, Using a laptop, JRiver and an Intona I can play pcm at DPLL 1, but dsf needs to be at at least 6. This is also what Jinbo has said. I would like to know what you use to be able to play dsf at DPLL 1. Perhaps you've already told us so please refer me back to an old post if you wish. Thanks.

Jun 5, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #895 of 4,419
xiamen, Using a laptop, JRiver and an Intona I can play pcm at DPLL 1, but dsf needs to be at at least 6. This is also what Jinbo has said. I would like to know what you use to be able to play dsf at DPLL 1. Perhaps you've already told us so please refer me back to an old post if you wish. Thanks.

Basically, u need a good transport that can convert digital into USB interface for music, such as singxer su1 or a computer built for the purpose

Jun 5, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #896 of 4,419
Hello
The OCXO clock is an absolute upgrade to the I2s bridge. Not only measures the OCXO better, we would never sell such an upgrade if there’s no upgrade in sound quality. The OCXO clock is not only more accurate, but way more important is the phase noise, here the clock makes a real difference.
Attached a pdf with some more in-depth information why the phase noise is so important.

Best regards / Met vriendelijke groet

Jord Groen, Triple M audio shop
Van: ****.karoo.co.uk
Verzonden: zondag 3 juni 2018 19:41
Aan: Jord Groen
Onderwerp: OCXO clock?

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AtvZwp0rE3Aa3GbBhPbBFhFgqEN4
https://1drv.ms/b/s!AtvZwp0rE3Aa3GUh4ZqgwdYP5hXV

Attachments

• 865060345007.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #897 of 4,419
For me it's not upsampling's problem, with native DSD file I still have to set dpll to 7. Please let me know how you achieve it.

Basically, u need a good transport that can convert digital into USB interface for music, such as singxer su1 or a computer built for the purpose
I'm using Hydra Z via I2s to DA004, dpll have to be set at 6 or 7 for stable connection. Same for coxial and USB directly into to DA004.
Are you saying that su1 can let DA004 play DSD at low dpll?

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #898 of 4,419
For me it's not upsampling's problem, with native DSD file I still have to set dpll to 7. Please let me know how you achieve it.

I'm using Hydra Z via I2s to DA004, dpll have to be set at 6 or 7 for stable connection. Same for coxial and USB directly into to DA004.
Are you saying that su1 can let DA004 play DSD at low dpll?

With a good PC built, I can use DPLL01 with USB and PCM, but the lks004 needs warmed up first, about 15 minutes.

With DX200 and a good Coax Cables, I can run Coax at 001

Not sure if Singxer will allow you to do DSD at 001, but just theoretically, better processed signals from the usb output = more precision getting into the input of LkS004. So, theoretically speaking, I can use a sophisticated USB bridge on my PC, and surely to get DSD Native to playback at 001 or about. However, I am not interested in doing that. Right now, I am running Pinkfaun I2S with OCXO build, which is already expensive as it is

Jun 5, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #900 of 4,419
Hello
The OCXO clock is an absolute upgrade to the I2s bridge. Not only measures the OCXO better, we would never sell such an upgrade if there’s no upgrade in sound quality. The OCXO clock is not only more accurate, but way more important is the phase noise, here the clock makes a real difference.
Attached a pdf with some more in-depth information why the phase noise is so important.

Best regards / Met vriendelijke groet

Jord Groen, Triple M audio shop
Van: ****.karoo.co.uk
Verzonden: zondag 3 juni 2018 19:41
Aan: Jord Groen
Onderwerp: OCXO clock?

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AtvZwp0rE3Aa3GbBhPbBFhFgqEN4
https://1drv.ms/b/s!AtvZwp0rE3Aa3GUh4ZqgwdYP5hXV

Clock is not only important on about with phase noises, there are more. But another important aspect of this is the stability and noises of the powersupply going into the clock. You can buy a clock for cheap, and if you don’t have a good low noises regulating in design, your clock will mostly goes to waste. Yes, with external LPS, it will help to further enhance the Pinkfaun, but the Pinkfaun itself need to also be with a good design. It explains why the Upgraded clock is very expensive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back