KZ ES4 vs KZ ZST vs KZ ZSA vs RHA MA390 vs Soundmagic E10C
Aug 10, 2019 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

pcpeasant

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to upgrade from my Philips SHE3590s to something better and I'm quite overwhelmed. The above listed are the options I have available to me in India. Please help me choose between them (bands/genres I listen to: RHCP, Pink Floyd, Green Day, Rush, The Beatles some hip hop and some metal). Before recommending something else please make sure they are available in India (hint: not many are) and that they are under INR2000 (USD 30). IEMs or other portable (smartphone drivable) headphones preferred. Help is appreciated!

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #3 of 8
A good thing would be to know what kind of sound you're looking for.

Aside from that, i have the ZST, and i can say they're quite nice. Fun, bright signature with decent bass, and not particularly tiring. All i do when using them is bumping down the 4khz region by about 4db with the equalizer, but that's just because i'm particularly sensible to that frequency, many other people don't even need to do that.

But i repeat, it would be really heplful to know what kind of sound signature you're looking for.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #5 of 8
I’m done and have several KZ,s bit done now.

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 8
A good thing would be to know what kind of sound you're looking for.

Aside from that, i have the ZST, and i can say they're quite nice. Fun, bright signature with decent bass, and not particularly tiring. All i do when using them is bumping down the 4khz region by about 4db with the equalizer, but that's just because i'm particularly sensible to that frequency, many other people don't even need to do that.

Edit: I went around the house and listened to all the other heapdhines I could find

But i repeat, it would be really heplful to know what kind of sound signature you're looking for.

Unfortunately that's kind of the problem. I haven't used many other headphones so I have no idea which headphones I prefer. I had a pair of Skullcandy grinds which were decent if maybe a bit muffled sounding. The problem I have with my current 3590s is that they sound a bit mashed up and weird with vocals and stuff like distorted guitar and drums together.

Edit: So I went around the house and listened to all the other headphones I could find:

Earpod: I actually like the type of sound these have but the sound isn't very clear, especially the vocals and isolation and fit are very bad.

Samsung Level U: Bleh. Dont sound nice, verytho g sounds word and distorted drums, vocals you name it.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #7 of 8
That is an excellent price for the very good E10C.
dude, do you WORK for soundmagic? EVERYTHING you recommend has soundmagic in front of the name....just sayin'

But on to the OPs question
Of the ones you listed I have all of the KZ headphones and I would recommend the ZSA for your use. It's actually a good IEM and kind of gets lost in the KZ lineup, but it's good piece. It has a crisp clean sound compared to the other 2 you listed...the ES4 is softer and maybe more pleasant overall, but I like the detail and coldness of the ZSA better. Also it's relatively small and more comfortable...it's a tidy little IEM.

Aug 12, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #8 of 8
dude, do you WORK for soundmagic? EVERYTHING you recommend has soundmagic in front of the name....just sayin'

But on to the OPs question
Of the ones you listed I have all of the KZ headphones and I would recommend the ZSA for your use. It's actually a good IEM and kind of gets lost in the KZ lineup, but it's good piece. It has a crisp clean sound compared to the other 2 you listed...the ES4 is softer and maybe more pleasant overall, but I like the detail and coldness of the ZSA better. Also it's relatively small and more comfortable...it's a tidy little IEM.
I like and recommend a wide variety of manufacturers, but thanks for the inquiry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back