Kwak-Clock Mod
May 14, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #76 of 99
guzzler's post is a perfect example of the anti-DIY spirit.

Elso's clock is not patented. There's no trade secret protection since it's a published design. And the copyright just covers a particular representation (the specific drawing of the schematic). No intellectual property code, let alone law, says anything against publishing any derivative works such as PCB designs.

All you've shown is your view that financial possibilities take precedence to everything else in your ethical outlook.

Oh, by the way, I'm certain Elso couldn't give a damn. I've seen enough of him on the other two forums to bet on that. This isn't a case of peranders selling a 'new and improved' version of someone else's design; it's someone contributing PCB drawings for free to the DIY community, to which you clearly don't belong.

May 14, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #77 of 99
No it's not - feel free to search through the archives here for all my posts. It's simply a courtesy to the designer of a circuit who has been kind enough to publish it to a DIY crowd whose first response is "where can I buy a PCB?". As a free DIY design given in trust for "DIY Use ONLY", it's the polite thing to do.

May 14, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #78 of 99
Keep in mind that my board is based on a derived schematic of Kwak's design (modified) and power supply design of Guido Tent.

I am not going to sell the board btw. Also, why do you want to shoot me down? Good god, its not even the latest version of the kwak clock, its based on version 6, I believe he is on 8 now, and he isnt releasing the schematic, only selling it built.

May 14, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #79 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by guzzler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"where can I buy a PCB?"

Well, it is for DIY only! colonelkernel8 is not selling anything. Do you have a problem with reading comprehension? I suggest next time you read a thread before hurriedly clicking 'Reply'.

May 16, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #81 of 99
LOL, that's meant as a guideline, not requirement. Surface mount (short leads = low inductance) low ESR capacitors.

May 16, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #82 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by guzzler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whilst the effort is admirable, have you checked with Elso before publishing this?

You have stated your point of view before and if something is published by free will it is regarded as public domain. If you want to protect your designs, don't publish them. I remember a LM337 regulator which the design was taken from the datasheet. The design was own by someboby. Rediculous. Elso hasn't invented anything and besides that, the oscillator isn't hardly unique.

May 16, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #83 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by peranders /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rediculous.

That statement would carry more weight if the spelling wasn't ridiculous.
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #85 of 99
I'm not one. I didn't know a word of English 15 years ago.

May 17, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #86 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowbar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, that's meant as a guideline, not requirement. Surface mount (short leads = low inductance) low ESR capacitors.

Well I didn't know how critical a position those caps played, considering he even recommended them I figured he may have designed the rest of the circuit around the specifications of the cap.

May 17, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #87 of 99
Capacitor tolerances are pretty loose in general, so I doubt it. Use quality low-ESR low inductance capacitors and keep leads short.

May 17, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #90 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crowbar, you should be in the IRC right now...

I am--in mine. I don't want to hang around the wrong crowd like you guys too much :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back