Kumitate (くみたて) Lab: A Triumph and Celebration of DIY - Impressions Thread
Jan 2, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #331 of 376
It's a a weird combo of being both thin and extremely bassy at the same time. Treble mismatch on the graph is not audible to me but the imaging did sound slightly skewed to the right. Personally not for me, though having heard Kumitate's [REDACTED] Ito-san seems to have fixed that issue...

Thanks, it looked a bit extreme. I was hoping it would be more of the RE-2000 signature, but the graph suggests DT-990 levels of V-shape.

I've emailed and asked if they'd be willing to send any demos to NZ for a test. @Brooko has offered to do a review of so. We can but live in hope in this corner of the world.

Feb 14, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #332 of 376
To those of you that have ordered Kumitate's Raden IEMs: how long did it take for you to get yours?

I placed my order for a pair of KL-Lakhs in mid-August of last year and after confirming the raden design with Mr. Ito, I haven't heard back from them yet. It's been about half a year now so I was wondering if anyone else has had any similar experience. I'm keeping my hopes up but I wanted to get an idea of how long other people had to wait for theirs.

Thanks in advance!

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #333 of 376
To those of you that have ordered Kumitate's Raden IEMs: how long did it take for you to get yours?

I placed my order for a pair of KL-Lakhs in mid-August of last year and after confirming the raden design with Mr. Ito, I haven't heard back from them yet. It's been about half a year now so I was wondering if anyone else has had any similar experience. I'm keeping my hopes up but I wanted to get an idea of how long other people had to wait for theirs.

Thanks in advance!

You can check back with them next year.

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Feb 14, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #335 of 376
Thanks for the reply. Is that the normal wait time for the raden designs? 2020 seems so far away...

It's no surprise since raden has a backlog and that it's a painstakingly long process for Kumitate. Only 1 person in the team is handling it and kumitate has the most refined technique of all that I've seen in "raden" designs.

I know a guy who has been waiting close to 2 years for his...

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Feb 14, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #336 of 376
It's no surprise since raden has a backlog and that it's a painstakingly long process for Kumitate. Only 1 person in the team is handling it and kumitate has the most refined technique of all that I've seen in "raden" designs.

I know a guy who has been waiting close to 2 years for his...

Ah ok. Thank you that gives me a better idea of the timeline that I should be expecting. I'll wait patiently.

Feb 24, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #337 of 376
i trio pink gold a dynamic driver in ear? it looks beautiful
Trio_PG_1_1200.jpg

Mar 25, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #338 of 376
http://diy-ciem.blogspot.com/2019/03/canjam-singapore-2019-kumitate-lab-will.html

" Canjam Singapore 2019 " Kumitate Lab will take part in ‼︎

Dear all friends of mine in Singapore,

" Kumitate Lab " will take part in Canjam Singapore 2019 !

It has been 1 year sence I attended Canjam Singapore last year.

Thanks for coming my " KumitateK " booth on Canjam Singapole!
I spent precious time in Singapole with friend you guys!

See you next time
1f606.png

I was really impressed by passion and love for portable audio gadgets you have and had a fun time there.

We’ll bring those our new products this time;

KL-Focus
We have launched KL-Focus in October last year and won a gold prize of CIEM part in Fujiya Avic Headphone festival.

This is very first time we bring KL-Focus for out side of Japan!
It has four types of different bass sound turning and you can change it depending on your scenes; your favorite musics and whether you are in loud place or not.

Its tight bass sound not covering mid sound band is quite unique and treble sound has high clarity. By all means, please test and listen to its sound!

Prototype product of our " Amplifier"

We had exhibited our prototype amplifier for reference two yeas ago. For several reaseons we haven't launched it yet, but Singaporean folks sometimes ask me how is amplifier going and what is its sound like. So I decided to bring it. We have 4.4mm balance out type and 2.5mm output.

We also bring our new display stand for our samples of designs.

Do you want something more?

I'm not sure it will be finished by Canjam Singapore but I will bring it if it has done.

Thanks for reading this article and having interest.
See you in Canjam Singapore 2019!

Mar 25, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #339 of 376
http://diy-ciem.blogspot.com/2019/03/canjam-singapore-2019-kumitate-lab-will.html

Yay! Ito-san from Kumitate Lab will be back in Singapore for Canjam once again. He is very honoured to have the chance meet all the fellow audio enthusiasts again. This time round he will be bringing a few more stuffs.

1. KL-FOCUS (Those who like the KL-METEO and/or KL-SIRIUS, do check this out, personally I feel that KL-FOCUS is like a child of both, bearing the mixture of characteristics from both the METEO AND SIRIUS)

2. Kumitate Lab Prototype Amp (A tiny yet interesting amplifier that add power to your source and it also comes with both balanced out 4.4mm and 2.5mm)

proto.PNG

3. ???? (All I can say is that this is something amazing! And from twitter, it seemed like Ito-san is rushing his work to prepare this, hopefully we will have a chance to see its appearance during Canjam SG)

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #340 of 376

Dear all friends of mine in Singapore,

" Kumitate Lab " will take part in Canjam Singapore 2019 !

It has been 1 year sence I attended Canjam Singapore last year.

Thanks for coming my " KumitateK " booth on Canjam Singapole!
I spent precious time in Singapole with friend you guys!

See you next time
1f606.png

I was really impressed by passion and love for portable audio gadgets you have and had a fun time there.

We’ll bring those our new products this time;

KL-Focus
We have launched KL-Focus in October last year and won a gold prize of CIEM part in Fujiya Avic Headphone festival.

This is very first time we bring KL-Focus for out side of Japan!
It has four types of different bass sound turning and you can change it depending on your scenes; your favorite musics and whether you are in loud place or not.

Its tight bass sound not covering mid sound band is quite unique and treble sound has high clarity. By all means, please test and listen to its sound!

Prototype product of our " Amplifier"

We had exhibited our prototype amplifier for reference two yeas ago. For several reaseons we haven't launched it yet, but Singaporean folks sometimes ask me how is amplifier going and what is its sound like. So I decided to bring it. We have 4.4mm balance out type and 2.5mm output.

We also bring our new display stand for our samples of designs.

Do you want something more?

I'm not sure it will be finished by Canjam Singapore but I will bring it if it has done.

Thanks for reading this article and having interest.
See you in Canjam Singapore 2019!

I'll be there! :D

Mar 27, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #343 of 376

Sizzling hot piece of news freshly bake from the oven! Kumitate Lab will be bringing over their new 3d printed universal IEM to CanJam Singapore! This is still an incomplete prototype work in progress, but Ito san decided to bring it to CanJam Singapore as he would like to hear your inputs regarding this new flagship to further improve it. Do remember to check this up (as well as the Kl-Focus and the prototype amp) if you drop by the Kumitate Lab booth in Ocean 9 Level 2

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #344 of 376

Sizzling hot piece of news freshly bake from the oven! Kumitate Lab will be bringing over their new 3d printed universal IEM to CanJam Singapore! This is still an incomplete prototype work in progress, but Ito san decided to bring it to CanJam Singapore as he would like to hear your inputs regarding this new flagship to further improve it. Do remember to check this up (as well as the Kl-Focus and the prototype amp) if you drop by the Kumitate Lab booth in C1-C5

I wonder if this will have the new 16mm fostex DD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back