Kudos to Future Sonics for excellent customer support
Jan 29, 2008 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

jhendrickson

100+ Head-Fier
Last night I was using our elliptical and listening to my Atrio M5's when an earbud fell out of my ear. That earbud got caught on the handlebar of the elliptical, which on its next forward motion ripped the other earbud out. Then, in what seemed to take a year, both earbuds fell to the floor and got caught up in all the moving parts. The aftermath of this fall was a cord ripped clean out of the 1/8 inch mini jack, and a squashed-beyond-repair cord up by the "Y".

I got these headphones on January 10th and was disgusted with what happened. I figured the earbuds were still good so I wrote an email to FS Support hoping to hear that they were repairable.

Well, I got an email back from the Director of Client Services today and was positively shocked. They are replacing them under warranty even though this was my fault!

There aren't very many companies around these days with excellent customer service like this, and I think it's important to relay the positive experiences. If you're going back and forth trying to decide between an FS product and someone else's you can rest assured Future Sonics will take care of you if you have a problem.

Jan 29, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 18
Wow... that makes me feel so much better about wearing my Future Sonic Atrio M5s outside
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #4 of 18
Had the same experience years ago when I left my EM3s out on a table, and my dog decided she liked the flavor of ear wax (dogs love it, in fact). Anyway, she chewed one of the ear pieces and FS replaced them, no charge. Not even sure if I was still in warranty, but I think it was. FS customer service is like dealing with a mom and pop, and that's a good thing these days. Though I will add that Amazon's customer service is pretty good too, on the large company front.

Jan 30, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #8 of 18
Yeah I must say I'm very happy. I would've been fine with getting mine repaired as they are already broken in, but you can't beat new!

I ordered some Comply foams before this all happened, they are supposed to work very well with the Atrio's...you tried them Caribou? I can let you know how mine work out if you want.

Jan 30, 2008 at 12:48 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jhendrickson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I must say I'm very happy. I would've been fine with getting mine repaired as they are already broken in, but you can't beat new!

I ordered some Comply foams before this all happened, they are supposed to work very well with the Atrio's...you tried them Caribou? I can let you know how mine work out if you want.

Sure, please let me know!

I think I tried them all except the Comply! I did found this seller who sells a set of 3 short or long, shipping $ incuded. I did not decide yet.

I am very happy with the last I bought, which are the ER4-14F from Idealsound.
Basically the same as the FS foamies,dark grey, very good density,very comfortable in my ears and they isolate like crazy, like the FS foamies.
Except they last much longer.

The FS foamies are very good and I like them, I bought some replacements, but when I realised the quantities I will need I started to look for other manufacturer.

I also bought and used the Shure E4c foamy( the yellow one).Very good value,last a long time but become dry and warp very fast.

So many numbers and name and models, this is getting a little bit confusing: foamies, FS foamies, black foamies, olives, Comply,E4c,ER4,etc.

Still Future Sonics delivers a great product with their IEMs. I do not feel any upgraditis for other IEM.

Always great to know Future Sonics backs their products for 2 years!

regards,

Jan 30, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #10 of 18
well, as a fellow atrio owner I'm very glad to hear this.
Seems that Futuresonics has their costumer service together as it should be and perhaps even better.

Now it makes me very happy to know that I have bought the Atrios.

I love them every single day. Best IEM I've ever heard.

greetz

Jan 30, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricthaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love them every single day. Best IEM I've ever heard.

My sentiments exactly. I wear them on a daily basis for at least 6 hours each day. My office is in our server rooom (I'm a network admin) and it is pretty loud in here all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, please let me know!

I will!

Feb 4, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #12 of 18
I got my Comply foams in this morning, and my Atrio's just got delivered to Future Sonics for replacement this morning also. The new foams are very comfortable and I think they are going to isolate well, as soon as I get my new M5's I'll let you know how it works Caribou.

Dave from Future Sonics just called me to let me know the new M5's are ready to go (4 hour turn around - simply fantastic). I paid for two day shipping so I can have them by Wednesday.

I never thought I'd be so excited to get my headphones back but it's been a long week without them.

Feb 4, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #13 of 18
The Complys work well on the M5's/M8's.

I actually enjoyed doing dishes late last night as I was listening to music through an ultra-portable rig of Sansa Clip and M5's using regular Complys. I'll try short Complys next, but the black Shures, Future Sonics foamies, and regular Complys (I use gray now) all work well.

Feb 4, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #14 of 18
So I'm not the only one who does the dishes wearing phones (M5s)? Just some tip info. I am using a Comply short in one ear (right) and a thin in the other. Just the way my ears are shaped inside, I guess, but it works for me. I have them all (olives, Shure yellow foamies, large FS foamies, Ety black foamies, Complys - all sizes) and I've settled on the Comply combo. The Comply standards are just a bit too tight. I also like the FS foamies, but durability is an issue (I have two new bags of them, 10 pair in all). My wife looks at my sleeve stockpile and just shakes her head. Only ones I no longer like are the olives. They just feel to mushy and not sealed well.

Feb 6, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #15 of 18
Wow, what a day! My replacement Atrios arrived this morning and my new Headamp Pico arrived this afternoon.

I wanted to revisit this to give you my opinion on the Comply foams, Caribou. I find them to be more comfortable than the FS foams, as well as the double flanges. They isolate and seal very well. I'm using the Comply slims and I am pretty sure these are the ticket for me. I highly recommend you give them a whirl, I think you'll love em.

The Pico paired with the Atrios is glorious. I still have burn in to do on the Atrios, but it really seems like the Pico filled in the weaknesses of the Atrio. The weaknesses for me before were highs and the low end of the low end, if that makes sense. These IEM's sounded great before, in spite of some minor weaknesses, but now they sound even better. If anyone wants to know more of my experience, I'd be glad to add it to the Atrio thread once I get a chance to listen to them some more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back