Kuba Disco semi-review
Dec 25, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #17 of 25
Fwiw, the tension on the headband might be reduced somewhat by running an elastic band or small bungee cord across the top of the headband, and securing it to the slots on either side of the headband with hooks, or wood dowels, or large knots.

Might work, or might not. Worth a try though at least, if they're just too tight to be comfortable as is.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #18 of 25
Fwiw, the tension on the headband might be reduced somewhat by running an elastic band or small bungee cord across the top of the headband, and securing it to the notches on either side of the headband with hooks or wood dowels.

Might work, or might not. Worth a try though at least, if they're just too tight to be comfortable as is.

I'm not sure what u mean :D but the guy already returned his headphone. Let's see how it works for me.

Dec 25, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #19 of 25
Fwiw, the tension on the headband might be reduced somewhat by running an elastic band or small bungee cord across the top of the headband, and securing it to the notches on either side of the headband with hooks or wood dowels.

For the headband pressure hurting the top of the head, I think that a bit larger and softer pad on the top would do the job.
For the pressure on ears, a simple headband redesign improving the closing angle a bit could work.
A bigger earcup could help to fit your ears well, and a really soft and deeper earpad.
That said, redesign almost everything on the phone.

Dec 25, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #20 of 25
That's sad, I hope I don't have problems, but If I have they seem to be pretty professional (the support is helpful), so they can give my money back.

Well, if you don't like it (and I hope you DO like it), you don't need to worry about having problems to talk to the online support and send them back. In about 30 minutos online chatting with them I got the return code, and after 1 hour I was on the post office sending them the phone. Absolutely no problems about that.

Dec 25, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #21 of 25
For the headband pressure hurting the top of the head, I think that a bit larger and softer pad on the top would do the job.
For the pressure on ears, a simple headband redesign improving the closing angle a bit could work.
A bigger earcup could help to fit your ears well, and a really soft and deeper earpad.

Some different headband options might be good (and probably a better idea than my suggestion), since the whole thing is modular. And you don't have to worry about wires running through the headband, since the cable is two-sided.

Might even be somethin that an aftermarket/third-party vendor could supply, if there's enough demand.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #22 of 25

You can give them your feedback =)

Dec 25, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #23 of 25
Some different headband options might be good (and probably a better idea than my suggestion), since the whole thing is modular. And you don't have to worry about wires running through the headband, since the cable is two-sided.

Might even be somethin that an aftermarket/third-party vendor could supply, if there's enough demand.

I mean, we gotta cut them some slack, it's their first headphone, and people say it's good sound-wise. They are working with low budget too. Looks like they are trying hard to give us an amazing headphone with good price. And that's a win in my book.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #25 of 25
Sorry to be replying to a 4 year old post, but I have gotten the latest 2023 version of the Kuba Disco and was looking for it's frequency response to confirm my suspicions regarding it's tuning. So thanks a lot to the OP renanrischiotto! I can now make a proper EQ for it!
regarding it's tuning I love it's high end, very clear and bright but not in a annoying way, gives it some great imaging and separation despite being closed back, and it's low end sounds smooth and has definition, anything between the setting 1 and 3 and (the new ones have 4 options!) sounds very close to the Harmann curve or a more monitor oriented cans. But it's mid frequency bother me, I suspected it had a peak or a rise somewhere around the 1k-2k band which makes voices sound unnatural, too bright and shrill, although it is as Leonardo's (designer and company founder) described a very "lively" mix it works with some genres (like Metal, pop, and surprisingly classical music!) it makes some others sound terrible, namely 70's rock and Jazz which is what I listen to the most, as well as spoken content. And I was right (accordin to your FR curve!)! Pair it with the quality loss due to Bluetooth and low quality streaming files and it sounded awful to me Initially before hearing it's bass and treble register for longer on a proper DAC etc, initially it sounded to me like "cheap" cans that tend to exagerate those frequencies (but out of lack of quality from the speakers, which is not the case here). I will now make a EQ for it based on your Frequency reponse and it should sound great.
As for confort they are surprinsingly confortable for a headphone that heavy (I'm used to AKGs which are featherlight), It's new pads are very confy and I wish I had similar on everything I own, very thick, wrap around the ear. I don't personally think it's worth the price as the market offers much better sound for buck for headphones, but as a bluetooth option it's excellent if you want to have bluetooth but dislikes TWIs(as I do).
Again thanks for the FR graph, and if you still have them, what do you think of your Kuba Disco now?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back