KSC75 vs. KSC35 vs. PX100
May 19, 2008 at 1:07 PM Post #17 of 30
Igrados sound between SR60 and PX100 to me. Not quite as detailed as SR60, and bass like px100. Theyre my main headphones when i want open portables, otherwise i use EU SF3 IEMs for isolation.
I just got Sony mdr nc6 though, and they just burned in all night, so ill see how much i end up using them portably. I love the igrados, but there are times when open headphones dont sound as good mixed with car noise and trains etc.
Sony Outlets having a 50% off all headphones sale, so i got the refurb ones for $10
smily_headphones1.gif

Naturally i got 2 because of the price.

May 20, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like a good choice, except that my KSC-35 are better than my regular SR-60... (but not better than my ALO silver cabled woodied SR-60)

the 35's are fine sounding (only had sporta though, should be very similar), but the koss drivers don't have as much potential as the Grado ones. I have tried recabling the Koss with 26awg silver/teflon before, the improvment was there but nowhere nearly as night/day as the iGrado recable.
Of course, recabling is not for everyone.

May 20, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the 35's are fine sounding (only had sporta though, should be very similar), but the koss drivers don't have as much potential as the Grado ones. I have tried recabling the Koss with 26awg silver/teflon before, the improvment was there but nowhere nearly as night/day as the iGrado recable.
Of course, recabling is not for everyone.

We're in partial agreement, as I did post that the KSC-35 were not as good as my silver re-cabled SR-60 woodies, although I did say they were better than my stock ones. But, it never seemed to me that the KSC-35 has enough faults to demand re-cabling.

May 20, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #22 of 30
Am I crazy for enjoying the 75's a lot more than the 35's? Considering that Portapros and KSC35s share the same drivers, I'm pretty sure that they are close in terms of sonority.

Anyway, the KSC35s give me a headache after a short while. Muddy bass, piercing highs, no instrument separation whatsoever... and then I switch back to my KSC75s and I immediately feel better. Not necessarily more clarity, but a lot smoother in general. But that's just, like, my opinion.

May 20, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #23 of 30
And your opinion is just as valid as anyone elses.
Everyone likes something different. I dont always agree with the masses either. Look how many people buy Bose, and think the Apple Ipod IBuds are the best,or Skullcandys etc. Read opinions here, use it as a guide, but in the end make your own choice.

May 22, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me the KSC-35 clips are tighter than the 75 clips, so if you are active when you use them, they stay on better. But they took me longer to get on my ears. So I use a cheap $1.99 headband that I transplanted the drivers onto, but the KSC-75 clips work well too.

where can you find such a headband and how comfortable is it? does it change the sound?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdelagar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems that the KSC35 and PortaPro have the same drivers, haven't they? The only difference seems to be the headband (according to the information posted on the Koss site)

that may be but they don't sound quite the same, and the fit&feel is certainly different (the fit, of course, accounting for much if not all of the diffs sonically)

May 23, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where can you find such a headband and how comfortable is it? does it change the sound?

I gave up that info in post #6 of this thread - "if you don't like the earclips the earpieces will fit on a $1.99 partsexpress.com headband." It does not change the sound. Here is the deep link to the headband. Parts Express:Mini Headphones

Just pop the ear clips off, and pop the drivers off the cheap headband, and pop the KSC-35 drivers onto it. Blutarsky listened to mine this way and was quite surprised by them. PM him and see if he doesn't tell you they sound as good his HP-1000 or PS-1 !! Okay, maybe not that good, but you get the idea :p

Jun 12, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #26 of 30
I popped KSC35's drivers onto ksc75's clips, they are now my favorite phones among KSC75, PortaPro, PX100, and SR60.

Feb 27, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #27 of 30
I just like the way my Porta Pros give a reasonable rendition of the 3D soundstage unlike most other 'phones, especially the PX100 Senns that I've tossed in a drawer somewhere. For the money, unbeatable, and a lifetime warranty.

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #28 of 30
I bought multiple pairs of KSC-35s before discovering the Klipsch X-5s. Sad to say, I haven't worn the 35s since. I still think they are hard to beat for the price.

That said, my girlfriend loves the KSC-75s. And for their price, they are even harder to beat.

Just decide how much you want to pay -- you won't go wrong with either Koss.

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by stook2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay! Looking to be fairly unanimous voting for the KSC35s... I'll chuck in an order tomorrow probably. To bad they aren't the price of the 75s, but I guess they are still pretty cheap all considered.

By the way, I found the clips on the 75s to be really comfortable. Should I expect anything really different with the 35s?

The KSC-35 can be obtained cheaper than what is offered on Koss's website by purchasing the SportaPro or PortaPro instead. They both feature the same non-titanium coated KSC-35 driver but on a headband instead of on clips. They are both cheaper on ebay and easier to find than the KSC-35

Users who are viewing this thread

Back