KSC75 for $8.69 thru Amazon
Mar 15, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #2 of 22
The shipping cost is almost as much as the phones
frown.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #4 of 22
I bought a pair, with expedited shipping it came to around $20. Yeah, they're trying to make the difference in shipping. Mine shipped the day after purchase, purchased late day 3-14-07

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #8 of 22
This has been the price for a while. I ordered 5 pairs from eek Technologies last month at an average cost of $12.46 per pair inclusive of shipping. They arrived safely, etc.

Over the past couple of years, I've given away about 20 pairs of KSC75 to various people (all 12 of my nieces and nephews, plus pretty much anyone who visits and shows an interest in my headphones.) This has proven to be a lot cheaper than having someone con me out of a pair of DT770, DT990, or HD600 like they did in the good old days with the "Aw c'mon, you've got so many..." puppy dog eyes arguments.

Now it's "Thank you for visiting the museum, and here is a little keepsake for you to take home with you" as I'm showing them the door. I'll never be without an inventory of KSC75. I still have 3 pairs that haven't been spoken for and I hide them like my dentist used to hide the toys he gave away but only to the kids that knew he had them!

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #10 of 22
I bought a pair a while ago from eek too, its a bit steep on the shipping for just one, but if you want to grab 10 (and by all means, why not), its great.

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by NanduAjit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would be cheaper if amazon sold it themselves for $15. I could never pay more for shipping than the actual product. More than $5 to ship something that weighs like 2ounces?

Why not? It's the total price that matters. If they want to play around (as a marketing technique) by discounting the price of the item and simultaneously increasing the shipping costs, why should that matter to you so long as the total price they offer still represents the best deal available to you? This is actually part of their "volume leader" strategy and as such it helps them to lure in more buyers, thus making it possible for you to get a better (total) price than you could otherwise get elsewhere (or even from them for that matter).

By offering shipping discounts, they encourage people to order more than one pair, adding further to their volume advantage. They're not making much on each pair they sell, but are selling a lot of pairs that they wouldn't sell at a higher price. The admin costs are minimal because their system allows them to slap on a shipping label and get the product out the door within a day. Their delivery time is amazingly speedy which reduces any further email interaction they might otherwise have with customers were there delays.

This kind of business model makes a lot of sense to me for selling low dollar items via the internet. They may weigh only 2 ounces, but they come in a (relatively) large package from Koss with a lot of air space under the plastic bubble that is designed to protect the product. So it's not like they can be sent in a mailing envelope. Instead, they arrive swiftly in an oversized and sturdy cardboard box.

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This has been the price for a while. I ordered 5 pairs from eek Technologies last month at an average cost of $12.46 per pair inclusive of shipping. They arrived safely, etc.

Over the past couple of years, I've given away about 20 pairs of KSC75 to various people (all 12 of my nieces and nephews, plus pretty much anyone who visits and shows an interest in my headphones.) This has proven to be a lot cheaper than having someone con me out of a pair of DT770, DT990, or HD600 like they did in the good old days with the "Aw c'mon, you've got so many..." puppy dog eyes arguments.

Now it's "Thank you for visiting the museum, and here is a little keepsake for you to take home with you" as I'm showing them the door. I'll never be without an inventory of KSC75. I still have 3 pairs that haven't been spoken for and I hide them like my dentist used to hide the toys he gave away but only to the kids that knew he had them!

nice post!
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #14 of 22
Perhaps not the most environmentally conscious business model... but goshdarn Americans just love excessive packaging and getting things fast fast fast!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not? It's the total price that matters. If they want to play around (as a marketing technique) by discounting the price of the item and simultaneously increasing the shipping costs, why should that matter to you so long as the total price they offer still represents the best deal available to you? This is actually part of their "volume leader" strategy and as such it helps them to lure in more buyers, thus making it possible for you to get a better (total) price than you could otherwise get elsewhere (or even from them for that matter).

By offering shipping discounts, they encourage people to order more than one pair, adding further to their volume advantage. They're not making much on each pair they sell, but are selling a lot of pairs that they wouldn't sell at a higher price. The admin costs are minimal because their system allows them to slap on a shipping label and get the product out the door within a day. Their delivery time is amazingly speedy which reduces any further email interaction they might otherwise have with customers were there delays.

This kind of business model makes a lot of sense to me for selling low dollar items via the internet. They may weigh only 2 ounces, but they come in a (relatively) large package from Koss with a lot of air space under the plastic bubble that is designed to protect the product. So it's not like they can be sent in a mailing envelope. Instead, they arrive swiftly in an oversized and sturdy cardboard box.

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by btb103 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps not the most environmentally conscious business model... but goshdarn Americans just love excessive packaging and getting things fast fast fast!

Thanks for pointing out you're a generalizing moron.

Disclaimer: I try not being offensive, but this stuff really strikes a nerve with me, come on, that statement was as uncalled for as my response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back