KSC35 vs KSC75
Feb 21, 2006 at 3:33 AM Post #31 of 34
Great description of the KSC 75 problem regarding lack of unified sound, Jeff. The sound does seem to be coming from left and right speakers and does not blend a nice center image as some headphones do.

I believe this could be due to left and right driver mismatch, although I have not heard of many people complain of efficiency differences causeing channel imbalance to one side or the other.

Feb 21, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #32 of 34
I love the kscs and all, but there's no way they hold a candle to the HD650 or say rs1. I've had all of em, and I just don't agree. I'm talking fidelity btw, not presentation. The ksc's way of showing music is quite nice (and can be preferable, though I don't consider it *that* different than other reputable phones), but the sonics aren't up to par with the big boys.

A good buy in the less than $50 range, especially for portability. But don't expect them to coem close to wasting a higher-end phone with same/similar presentation.

Feb 21, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #33 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I love the kscs and all, but there's no way they hold a candle to the HD650 or say rs1. I've had all of em, and I just don't agree. I'm talking fidelity btw, not presentation. The ksc's way of showing music is quite nice (and can be preferable, though I don't consider it *that* different than other reputable phones), but the sonics aren't up to par with the big boys.

A good buy in the less than $50 range, especially for portability. But don't expect them to coem close to wasting a higher-end phone with same/similar presentation.

Good to know that I'm not the only one who thinks so!

Feb 21, 2006 at 5:54 AM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO
Good to know that I'm not the only one who thinks so!

Yes, but the fact that we're even having this conversation about a $15 headphone is astonishing. And, as I previously stated, with a 75ohm adapter and an amp (especially w/ crossfeed), these sound easily as good as anything under $100 to my ears. But, as I also stated previously, in this setup, these aren't really $15 headphones anymore.

icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back