KSC-35 vs. Sporta-Pro?
Mar 21, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #16 of 23
Ressurecting this old thread because it's relevant.

I currently own the KSC35, 75, Sportapros, and the Parts Express headband (popular for the Koss clips ons).

Sportapro drivers = KSC35 drivers

Swapping out the headbands and clips, its obvious they are the same.

The KSC75 out of the same clips and headbands is still on the brighter side, so it should be noted that they aren't the same. Just wanna confirm these things that have already been said.

As mentioned by others here, the drivers are sensitive to distance and tightness, so depensing on what you have attached, they will sound different. I feel the KSC35/Sportapro sounds best out of the KSC35 clips, which maintain a good balance between bass, mids, and treble. They aren't bendable, so the sound stays the same, as does placement.

The KSC75 sounds best out of it's own clips as well. The KSC35 clips don't give the KSC75 enough room to move due to the bulkier rear housing on the KSC75. The sound is a bit darker and muffled due to how restricted the KSC75 is.

The Parts Express headband as well as the Sportapro headband are both relatively comfortable, but it's much harder to get a proper placement of the drivers on the ears. Also, because both headbands are bendable, sound quality can drastically change for better or worse. The Sportapro headband fresh out of the box is VERY tight, so it makes all the drivers very bass heavy and muffled in comparison to the others until you bend it open. It's not as easy to bend as the Parts Express headband.

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:
Ressurecting this old thread because it's relevant.

I currently own the KSC35, 75, Sportapros, and the Parts Express headband (popular for the Koss clips ons).

Sportapro drivers = KSC35 drivers

Swapping out the headbands and clips, its obvious they are the same.

The KSC75 out of the same clips and headbands is still on the brighter side, so it should be noted that they aren't the same. Just wanna confirm these things that have already been said.

As mentioned by others here, the drivers are sensitive to distance and tightness, so depensing on what you have attached, they will sound different. I feel the KSC35/Sportapro sounds best out of the KSC35 clips, which maintain a good balance between bass, mids, and treble. They aren't bendable, so the sound stays the same, as does placement.

The KSC75 sounds best out of it's own clips as well. The KSC35 clips don't give the KSC75 enough room to move due to the bulkier rear housing on the KSC75. The sound is a bit darker and muffled due to how restricted the KSC75 is.

The Parts Express headband as well as the Sportapro headband are both relatively comfortable, but it's much harder to get a proper placement of the drivers on the ears. Also, because both headbands are bendable, sound quality can drastically change for better or worse. The Sportapro headband fresh out of the box is VERY tight, so it makes all the drivers very bass heavy and muffled in comparison to the others until you bend it open. It's not as easy to bend as the Parts Express headband.

Ordered. That's all I needed to hear, thanks for comparing.

Best of all I can just swap out the kramer-modded grills from my KSC75s straight onto the sportapro/KSC35 drivers when I receive them.

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #18 of 23
Lemme know what the kramer mod does to those drivers. I mean, I personally dont have a need to mod them as I love them as is, but still curious.

Oh yeah, worth noting that the Sportapro's cable is a hair thicker and terminates into a right angle
3.5mm cable with a better strain relief compared to the KSC35's cable.

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #19 of 23
Mar 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #20 of 23
Personally, my preferences lean towards the sporta pro's.
Especially in the range I purchased them for ($20 I got them on black friday) I don't think they can be beat.
I've listened to the 35's and personally I prefer the bass that comes with the sporta pro's but then again that could have to do with the way the driver is positioned on your ears.

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #21 of 23
It is. The Sportapro and KSC35 are the same thing. But the Sportapro headband adds quite a bit of bass compared to the KSC35 clips. It muddies up the sound a bit though in comparison. It pushes the drivers towards your head a bit more than the clips. You can get the same effect with the PE headband, and the KSC75 clips bent to make the drivers pinch towards your ears more than the KSC35 clips.

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:
It is. The Sportapro and KSC35 are the same thing. But the Sportapro headband adds quite a bit of bass compared to the KSC35 clips. It muddies up the sound a bit though in comparison. It pushes the drivers towards your head a bit more than the clips. You can get the same effect with the PE headband, and the KSC75 clips bent to make the drivers pinch towards your ears more than the KSC35 clips.

That's what I've noticed, I thought the 35's have a bit clearer sound to them in comparison to the SportaPro's.
I guess I was right about the drivers.
I think it all goes down to personal preference a bit more bass in exchange for overall less muddy sounding headphones.

Jul 4, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #23 of 23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1q9t6PAl2E

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1q9t6PAl2E[/VIDEO]

My vid on the Koss KSC-35, KSC-75, Sportapro, Yuin headband/clip swap/mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back