KRK Systems Announce Wallet Friendly Headphone Monitors
Nov 26, 2010 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Blackwheel

100+ Head-Fier
Edit: Released at Guitar Center: http://www.guitarcenter.com/KRK-KNS-8400-Studio-Headphones-H67951-i1597732.gc#customer-reviews

These guys are well known for their studio monitors, now they're trying their hand at the headphone game. Anybody interested?

http://www.krksys.com/krk-headphones.php

Two Models:

KRK KNS-6400: $150

KRK KNS-8400: $100

KNS-8400 SPECIFICATIONS:​

System / Design​

1. Dynamic

Operating System​

1. Closed-back

Head Coupling​

1. Circumaural (Isolating)

Voice Coil​

1. Copper-clad aluminum wire

Driver Type​

1. Low weight neodymium

Driver Diameter​

1. 40mm

Sensitivity/Efficiency​

1. 97 dB SPL @1mW

Frequency Response​

1. 5Hz-23 kHz

Total Harmonic Distortion​

1. < 0.1%

Rated Impedance​

1. 36 ohms

Ambient Noise Isolation​

1. up to 30 dBA

Long Term Maximum Power Handling 1000mW​

1. (500mW per side as per IEC 60268-7)

Earcup Rotation​

1. 90 degrees

Nominal Headband Pressure​

1. 4 N (based on average head size)

Headband Type​

1. Adjustable / Sprung steel skeleton

Ear Cushion type​

1. Acoustic memory foam

Headpad Finish​

1. Premium leatherette

Headphone Finish​

1. Black impact resistant plastic

Volume Control​

1. Detachable / Replaceable low profile inline high quality control

Cable​

1. 2.5 m, (8.2 ft.), 99,99% OFC detachable

Connector​

1. Gold-plated stereo 1/8” (3.5 mm)

Cable Connection​

1. Strain relief managed

Adaptor​

1. Screw-on 1/4” (6.3 mm)

Weight without Cable​

1. 232 g (0.51 lbs)

Net / Shipping Weight​

1. 850 g (1.87 lbs)

Dimensions​

1. 245mm x 268mm x 94mm
  2. 9.6” x 10.5” x 3.7”

Nov 26, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #2 of 17
Yeah very interested as I'm looking for closed cans atm and these guys are well regarded (for monitors anyway). Do want to wait until some reviews surface though. Anyone seen one out there yet?

Nov 26, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #3 of 17

Quote:
Yeah very interested as I'm looking for closed cans atm and these guys are well regarded (for monitors anyway). Do want to wait until some reviews surface though. Anyone seen one out there yet?

I've been searching for reviews as well, haven't found any other than the ones on that webpage, which are not really "reviews" per say, more like advertisement. I do have high hopes for them though, these could be really nice.

Nov 26, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #6 of 17
rolleyes.gif
 Back on topic...

A lot about these sounds good - the memory foam ear and head pads, detachable cable. The bumph suggests a design focus on soundstage as well, which is something which is getting increasingly important to me in headphones...

... Got to be said they LOOK ugly though! 

That said, fingers crossed they sound good...

Nov 26, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #7 of 17

Quote:
Quote:
What there's now three threads on this same thing within the first two pages? Maybe use the search function?

My thread was first, please check the thread time before you storm in here yelling! And there are only two threads officer matthew.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/523010/new-krk-professional-headphones
started by John Willett (11/16/10 at 1:09am)

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/524989/new-headphones-by-krk
started by Giufma (Today at 6:11 am)

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/524984/krk-systems-announce-wallet-friendly-headphone-monitors
started by Blackwheel (Today at 5:01 am)

Nice try.

Nov 26, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #8 of 17

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What there's now three threads on this same thing within the first two pages? Maybe use the search function?

My thread was first, please check the thread time before you storm in here yelling! And there are only two threads officer matthew.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/523010/new-krk-professional-headphones
started by John Willett (11/16/10 at 1:09am)

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/524989/new-headphones-by-krk
started by Giufma (Today at 6:11 am)

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/524984/krk-systems-announce-wallet-friendly-headphone-monitors
started by Blackwheel (Today at 5:01 am)

Nice try.

Ok, were you trying to put those in chronological order? I'd be second officer. And when the first thread was created, there wasn't much info, the price was unknown. New info warrants a new, better thread.

Nov 26, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #9 of 17
Looks like Guitar Center is getting them first. In-line volume control...booooo! Hopefully the cable is an easy DIY.

Nov 27, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #11 of 17

Quote:
Ok, were you trying to put those in chronological order? I'd be second officer. And when the first thread was created, there wasn't much info, the price was unknown. New info warrants a new, better thread.

You seem to like the word "officer". Or are you trying to insult me? Oh I get it.. what are you, 10? No, there was no order, hence why I highlighted the relevant information. Any further information could easily have been updated into the original thread as per what always happens, but then again you are a highly important person deserving of his own thread.

Nov 27, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #12 of 17

Just trying to share some info man. I didn't notice the first thread before making this one, big deal. Also, that first thread wasn't layed out properly. And lastly, why don't you backtrack and take a look at your first post in this thread, pay attention to your tone. You're the "highly important" one taking it upon himself to moderate the forums.

Quote:
Quote:

You seem to like the word "officer". Or are you trying to insult me? Oh I get it.. what are you, 10? No, there was no order, hence why I highlighted the relevant information. Any further information could easily have been updated into the original thread as per what always happens, but then again you are a highly important person deserving of his own thread.

Nov 27, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #13 of 17

Quote:
Just trying to share some info man. I didn't notice the first thread before making this one, big deal. Also, that first thread wasn't layed out properly. And lastly, why don't you backtrack and take a look at your first post in this thread, pay attention to your tone. You're the "highly important" one taking it upon himself to moderate the forums.

Quote:
Quote:

In defense of matthewh133, I don't think he was trying give off the impression that he is a Holy Moderator, it is just that there is no reason that there should be three threads pretty much stating same meaningless information about one inconsequential headphone. 
If you want to discuss an upcoming headphone just continue with the same thread and add information if you feel it's necessary. Just use the search function like a good boy. 

Nov 27, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #14 of 17

Quote:

^ Well said Alexos.

In my first post I said to use the search function, which if you had done, you would have seen there was already a thread and you could have posted in there. Simple. It's the fashion in which you responded to that post that is the reason that I am still here. I honestly think you're just a bit upset you looked like a fool by saying yours was the first regarding this product, which it wasn't. Regardless I won't be coming back to this thread as arguing here is useless.

Nov 27, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #15 of 17

Quote:

I am not afraid of looking like a fool, I already admitted that I had not seen that a thread like this one had already been created. I just think that you could have conveyed the information in your first post (above) less vehemently and more like an adult. "What" ? Really? And you're calling me a child?

I'm done with this, you're not worth the time of day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back