KRK KNS 8400 vs Sure SRH840 vs Audio Technica M50s?????
Jan 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
Wich one would you recommend for mostly listening to music (all kind)..??

All kinds? The KNS-8400, but it depends on if you need lots of bass or not. If you prefer a slight bass boost, then get the M50s and sacrifice some of the mids. Get the SRH-840 if you want to risk getting an uncomfortable headphone. I've found that I like the SRH-840 more than the M50, but only because it had more forward mids. The SRH-840 also seems to have more bass than the 8400, but I haven't compared them. The 8400 probably has better bass extension though. The SRH-840 is also warmer than the 8400 I believe. This is all based on memory though.

If comfort is a high priority, the 8400 has the others beat. People who love lots of bass should just avoid the 8400 though.

You can also look into the Koss Pro DJ 100. It has a fun sound signature and has more bass than the SRH-840, but less than the M50s. It does have some forward mids and I love it for female vocals. It does need an amp if you don't have a very good source. It's only $80 though and even works with M50 pads.

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
Wich one would you recommend for mostly listening to music (all kind)..??

All of them are decent headphone, but the M50 is no longer the great value it once was. I'd rule it out, because both the others can beat it at less of a price point and leave you some extra cash for an amp (if you want one).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back