Kramer-mod... KSC75...
May 8, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #361 of 542
Pics! I was thinking about doing something like that for my work. Only I plan to use the ksc35 drivers. I also thought attaching to the earmuffs the sansa clip/express so there will be no cord at all dangling. Just have to figure out what's the best way to do it for an extremely dusty enviorment.

May 8, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #362 of 542
IMGP0998-600.jpg

I finally gave into temptation and EQed the mids out a little, to compensate for their new found aggression with this mod - definitely sounds more neutral like the original sound (clipped to ears)

Looks like I'm going to grit my teeth and wear these on the bus to work today. Heck, compared to most of the weirdos in London surely I rank only somewhere in the middle...

May 8, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #364 of 542
Thanks!

Still thinking of modding this further, but not sure where to go. I would like to add some holes in the back of the ear defenders to improve air flow, but then I'd be losing sound attenuation... hmmm... how to get airflow without losing noise isolation, that is the question!

May 8, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #365 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyotero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Parts Express: Mini Headphones

Don't expect much from it though. It feels as it costs.

Like he just mentioned these bands are weak. I put the clips back on 30 min after experimenting with them.

I did use the pads to make some filling for an experiment. They are confy now.

152n6z9.jpg

2wckxzn.jpg

May 14, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #366 of 542
Well I remodelled my mod again. This time I used a thin wooden strip to mount the drivers so they sit closer to the ear. Also I bluetacked the foam right against the back of the ear defenders. Now there is more air around the drivers and the drivers are pressed right against my ears when wearing them. Sound isolation is down a bit. The aggression in the mids with my previous version is gone. The bass is very boomy. Basically sounds just like them do when them pressed firmly against your ears. The best version yet.

May 29, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #367 of 542
The treble on these sounds fine to my ears, but the bass could use a bit more punch. Would you recommend drilling the holes or just getting new pads, also is there any way to add a headband without all the soldering and such?

Jul 2, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #368 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyotero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wholeheartly recommend getting the px200 pads for a couple of bucks more. The resault is pretty damn unexpected.

Perfect fit, too. Looks something like this
imageupload7770291.jpg

I'm gonna order the white (grey) version when the reapear on ebay.
Should look even better. There's some guy selling them there but he ran out so I asked him to order some more. Should be there in a week or two I hope. I'll try to ask him to make a little discount for head-fiers. He used to work for Koss back in Sweden. He should understand
wink.gif

I did ordered them for my unmodded Koss Porta Pros,
I cant agree with your statement.
You MAY get more bass but the Mids and Highs are totally gone..
Am I doing something wrong?
What Foams should I get?

Jul 8, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #369 of 542
While unsnapping the Driver grill, I accidently hit the driver itself just a tiny hair scratch is now in it.

Since then my porta pros sounds muddy in the left ear (i think thats where I hit)

Can I use my warranty for it and just exchange them?
Or isnt it possible?

BTW in general:

When You Kramer mod the porta pros do you still have a warranty to it?

Jul 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #370 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisDeeson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While unsnapping the Driver grill, I accidently hit the driver itself just a tiny hair scratch is now in it.

Since then my porta pros sounds muddy in the left ear (i think thats where I hit)

Can I use my warranty for it and just exchange them?
Or isnt it possible?

BTW in general:

When You Kramer mod the porta pros do you still have a warranty to it?

The scratch could be fixed under warranty but I can't remember whether they'd do it if they've been Kramer-modded. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they went ahead and did though: Koss' Warranty has always come through for me!

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #372 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Koss has a "no questions asked" warranty, so you should be fine.

EDIT:
I got them replaced from the store where I bought them

Nov 24, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #373 of 542
time to bring a thread back!
did the kramer mod yesterday. I cant compare to stock because i didnt even use them for 2 minutes b4 modding them.

i find (maybe my placement of holes) that its highs and mids are a little forward and the bass is lacking. i cut it just like buff did on the first page of this thread.

overall what a great value for 15$ on amazon and it literally came the next day.

Dec 31, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #374 of 542
I did the kramer mod awhile back and enjoyed it!
I did a ksc75 mod to a welding helmet last week, surely an unusual mod, lol
I'm here searching how hard it would be to re cable the headphones so I wouldn't have so much wire to deal with.

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #375 of 542
First the highs, and mids were recessed. Now they are waay too bright. It can be really fatiguing for me as well as uncomfortable. I think I'm gonna buy more comfortable pads since stock ones are too thin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back