Kramer-mod... KSC75...
Sep 28, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #301 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by portaprostud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw, this is the "older" style with the volume control, not the new style without sold at amazon.

The ones I recently bought were with the volume control. Was not aware that there is one without!

Sep 28, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #302 of 542
I'm excited to try this mod, but I'm wondering if just taking the whole grill off would be easier and allow for a better return option in case i mess something up.

If so, could someone link me to a product like the one's I've seen on here that look similar to mesh grating and such. Would grill cloth work?

Send me a PM please.

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #303 of 542
have been using my 75s for 4 days straight. and the SQ just gets better and better. as i have no handheld rotary drills or a dremel tool with a small enough bit, i am momentarily forgoing the drilling on the diaphragm shield and opting for just using the plantronics foamies with the hole in the middle. effects: better soundstage, noticeable improvement in rounding out the bass (though this may be due to the burn-in produced by the increased usage), plus a release on whatever was holding the treble in. mids and highs still pronounced, but sound more blended into the bass without losing the separation.

therefore, i am waiting to get myself a small handheld drill soon. i just, absolutely must, MOD this little thingie over here. i'm loving koss more and more because of this.
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #304 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by boogernights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have been using my 75s for 4 days straight. and the SQ just gets better and better.

I bought the KSC75 and have burned it in for 2 days with little if any change in sound. But I have determined it does sound better when amped.

What's the consensus on how long the KSC75 should be burned in before considering mods that will change its sound?

Sep 28, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #305 of 542
i had a brand new ksc75 and really old ksc75 side by side. only thing i noticed was a very very slight increase in bass. go ahead and do the mods.

i wonder how doing everything but the center hole will sound.

Oct 16, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #306 of 542
Well, I did the Kramer mod and really like them. Decided to have them re-cabled and now I Love them! The sound has just opened up with clar highs and nice tight bass. Currently my go to headphones!
IMG_2567.jpg

Oct 16, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #308 of 542
I thought about the headband but right now I like the way they are. The re-cable extended the highs and brought clarity throughout. The highs now compliment the bass. Overall great balance between the highs, mids and lows.
Great value overall. I'm only into the headphones for $48. Such a deal!

Oct 18, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #309 of 542
I did the Kramer mod just now, and wow, what a difference! Listened to it, and I found the bass a bit lacking still, so I added the Dowin DW04 P-to-S cable (available at Head-Direct), and WOW. With the DW04 cable (which adds a 75 ohm impedance, I believe), the soundstage is expanded, and the bass gets a VERY nice kick to it.

Btw, I was listening through my Predator's DAC off of Foobar. Didn't think such an inexpensive set of headphones could sound so damn good!

Oct 26, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #310 of 542
I place another pad outside my stock pads, cut hold on both and very comfortable.
biggrin.gif
I have no guts to drill the holes... I think Fiio E3 really tighten the bass after the mod. Oh, btw mine is Sportapro, not the KSC75...

Oct 31, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #311 of 542
Update
atsmile.gif
: I did the Kramer Mod! Took the grill off, poke a hole with a compass then expand it with different sizes of screwdrivers.

Sound:
L3000.gif
SO THAT'S WHERE THE TREBLE, CLARITY AND DETAIL IS HIDING! After the mod, I find that my Sportapro became very clear, detailed and instruments were clearly separated. It's almost as clear as my IEM now. However, I still find that the treble is a bit shy.. Maybe this can be solved by recabling them with silver cables.
popcorn.gif

Comfort: I having difficulties with my pads. I used a bigger pads as it is more comfortable. But, it keeps falling out.

Anyone has recommendations on which pad should I use?
Can the MS1's Holey pad be use?

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #313 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Update
atsmile.gif
: I did the Kramer Mod! Took the grill off, poke a hole with a compass then expand it with different sizes of screwdrivers.

Sound:
L3000.gif
SO THAT'S WHERE THE TREBLE, CLARITY AND DETAIL IS HIDING! After the mod, I find that my Sportapro became very clear, detailed and instruments were clearly separated. It's almost as clear as my IEM now. However, I still find that the treble is a bit shy.. Maybe this can be solved by recabling them with silver cables.
popcorn.gif

Comfort: I having difficulties with my pads. I used a bigger pads as it is more comfortable. But, it keeps falling out.

Anyone has recommendations on which pad should I use?
Can the MS1's Holey pad be use?

Pads: Senn HD414 works, they can be dyed in black!
and check this mod ...
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/tak...l-mods-277487/

regards,

Nov 5, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #315 of 542
Heads up!!! If you haven't bought a pair of these headphones... now is the time. Radio Shack has these on clearance for $5.79!!!
As of 11-04-08, the shop I was in had 3 left.
Get em while their hot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back