Kramer-mod... KSC75...
Sep 23, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #286 of 542
Head's up if want to get another set of the KSC75's. I just bought a pair at Radio Shack for $12.49 plus tax. Not sure how long the sale will last.

Sep 24, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #288 of 542
Just did the Kramer mod w/ quarter hole cut and wow... much better. At least for my tastes.
Opened up the sound and for me I like the added bass.
This is an easy mod for anyone to try. I used a Dremel tool, first with a drill bit then with a sanding bit to remove the burrs. Cut the foam with an Exacto knife. Took all of 20 minutes and now the headphones that I purchased yesterday for $12.49 from Radio Shack sound so much better!
Highly recommend this mod!
Anyone here in the CONUS want to recable them for me? This type of mod, I cannot do myself.

PEACE

Mark

Sep 25, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #289 of 542
I think I'm going to do these mods now. Does this void your warranty?

Sep 25, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #290 of 542
Looks great, but I ruined my pads doing this.
frown.gif

Thanks anyways, Kramer. I'll try this again sometime. After I get some new pads, at least.
tongue.gif

Sep 25, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #291 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonWho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks great, but I ruined my pads doing this.
frown.gif

Thanks anyways, Kramer. I'll try this again sometime. After I get some new pads, at least.
tongue.gif

you dont really have to do the quarter cut to the pads. buy a set of donut foamies for the plantronics h361. they're more comfy and plush than the stock foamies on the ksc, and they have a perfect hole in the middle. you can order them online and theyre really cheap. got a pair for my portapros, and will be getting some more for my new ksc75..

Sep 25, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #292 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by boogernights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you dont really have to do the quarter cut to the pads. buy a set of donut foamies for the plantronics h361. they're more comfy and plush than the stock foamies on the ksc, and they have a perfect hole in the middle. you can order them online and theyre really cheap. got a pair for my portapros, and will be getting some more for my new ksc75..

Thanks for the tip
smily_headphones1.gif

Been looking at the Plantronics after I read somewhere else about their pads fitting the '75s, but never knew which model to get.

The only problem now is that the shipping over to this side of the world looks to cost more than the pads themselves..

Sep 25, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #294 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by blippster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the tip
smily_headphones1.gif

Been looking at the Plantronics after I read somewhere else about their pads fitting the '75s, but never knew which model to get.

The only problem now is that the shipping over to this side of the world looks to cost more than the pads themselves..

they're available in singapore. try looking for this model: h361 supraplus. i believe there are a lot of call centers over there, so if such is the case it shouldnt be too much of a hassle looking for them. try looking for suppliers of call center equipment.

and they also fit the portapro, so its definitely very versatile.

Sep 26, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #295 of 542
which side is it easiest to drill from? the reflective side or the other side? i'm going to be using a hand drill and the thing in a vice gripper.

also, im warry of drilling holes near the edge, i feel like that owuld just increase midbass and not extension, since long wavelengths would pass through the whole thing anyway.

what kind of effect does the quarter cutting mod do? i kinda don't want to remove the foam because my hair and flakes come out more than i'd like and wouldn't want it in the drivers.

in addition, if it brings out more treble, i don't want it. ive heard mixed things about how foam affect sound, some say treble, some say mids/upper mids, perhaps it depends on the phone.

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #296 of 542
Use conditioner?? ^^

Sep 26, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #297 of 542
well, what kind of affect does it have on the sound?

i did everything else and i believe the mid mids around 2khz could still use a nice boost.

nevermind about the drilling side, i found a bench i could use and it made it 10000x easier and cleaner.

Sep 26, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #298 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i did everything else and i believe the mid mids around 2khz could still use a nice boost.

I'm guessing the plantronics pad replacement would boost the mid bass through mid frequencies. Not sure if that would be desirable since I haven't heard the KSC75. I have a radio shack headset that looks like the plantronics with pads that might work on the KSC75, so I'm tempted to go pick one up while it's on sale.

What's the idea with drilling holes... to tone down the bass?

What's the consensus on which sounds better between the KSC75 and PortaPro?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back