Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Dec 9, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #631 of 852

Quote:
Hmm I am thinking of doing this also. when you get them can you post your impressions on the before and after sound?

I emailed Adam a while ago and he said he checks the before and after sound to make sure they are close to before, and checks the left and right to make sure they're balanced(volume wise). But the sound might alter slightly

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #632 of 852
Has anyone ordered a reshell from them recently? When does my impressions kit ship out? I paid on Wednesday and haven't gotten any emails from Kozee or Adam except for the "New Account" thing.

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #633 of 852

Quote:
Has anyone ordered a reshell from them recently? When does my impressions kit ship out? I paid on Wednesday and haven't gotten any emails from Kozee or Adam except for the "New Account" thing.

For me, it took about a week for the impression kit to come.

You can just email Adam and you will usually get a response in 2-4 days.

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #635 of 852
I just got my UE700's back from Kozee after about 6 weeks of waiting and they are simply amazing. I can't comment on the before and after as I don't remember how they sounded before.

I emailed Adam a while ago and he said he checks the before and after sound to make sure they are close to before, and checks the left and right to make sure they're balanced(volume wise). But the sound might alter slightly

I doubt that Adam actually does this as the first time I got my IEM's back (before the refit), the right IEM was seriously lacking in sound volume and in bass volume. But if you send them in for a refit, he can address and fix the problem.

In conclusion, I am very happy with Kozee and Adam and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Dec 12, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #636 of 852
6 weeks? Was that including the refit to fix your right side? Adam told me he would get mine done in around 3 weeks since I told him I needed it earlier. I don't know if I 100% believe the 3 week wait, but we'll see. I have yet to receive my impressions kit so hopefully I'll get it real soon.

Quote:
I just got my UE700's back from Kozee after about 6 weeks of waiting and they are simply amazing. I can't comment on the before and after as I don't remember how they sounded before.

I doubt that Adam actually does this as the first time I got my IEM's back (before the refit), the right IEM was seriously lacking in sound volume and in bass volume. But if you send them in for a refit, he can address and fix the problem.

In conclusion, I am very happy with Kozee and Adam and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Dec 12, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #637 of 852

Quote:
6 weeks? Was that including the refit to fix your right side? Adam told me he would get mine done in around 3 weeks since I told him I needed it earlier. I don't know if I 100% believe the 3 week wait, but we'll see. I have yet to receive my impressions kit so hopefully I'll get it real soon.

He told me 3 or 4 weeks too, he said i'll get mine before christmas (asked him 2 or 3 times) and He got my impression on the 12/1

Dec 20, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #638 of 852
Just wanted to throw my experience in the ring here.  I sent out a pair of TF10s to be reshelled way back in April.  It did take a while...longer than most, but after talking with Adam, whom I may add is a very straight forward person and never once told me anything but the truth, I found out he was having issues with the silicone process. After giving him the OK to proceed in acrylic, he had them back to me promptly. I never had any issues actually calling and speaking to him, then again I am rather patient, have too many iems, and just wasn't that concerned about how long it took.

As for the iems.  They look fantastic, fit even better and sound just as great. Kozee is offering a phenomenal service for such a great price. I've had my TF10s back since the beginning of August and I am 100% satisfied with the job Kozee did.  As for the TF10s...well, like most of us...they are good, but there is always better.

Thanks for listening,
SantinoSan

Dec 21, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #639 of 852

Quote:

No, the refit took another 6-8 weeks in addition to the 6 week original reshell time. He told me 2-3 weeks, but I had already done enough research to know that 3 weeks wasn't going to happen. 

If you need these done fast, go with a different service like Fisher or 1964Ears. If you don't mind waiting or need the low price, then Kozee is fine.

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #640 of 852

Quote:
No, the refit took another 6-8 weeks in addition to the 6 week original reshell time. He told me 2-3 weeks, but I had already done enough research to know that 3 weeks wasn't going to happen. 

If you need these done fast, go with a different service like Fisher or 1964Ears. If you don't mind waiting or need the low price, then Kozee is fine.

Did this happen recently, or a while ago?  I thought the turn time had decreased a lot.

Dec 23, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #641 of 852
I am going to send my impressions in tomorrow along with my TF10s. My first impressions kit came a week after I ordered, but the box was opened and empty(suspected mail theft). Adam shipped another one out to me via Fedex Overnight and I received it today. I'll post here with impressions and pics when I get my customs back :)

Dec 25, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #643 of 852
I see 

"It usually takes 10-14 business days, but can vary depending on how quickly you return your impressions to us."

quoted by them on their FAQ page, but from what I've read in this thread, that seems to be completely false. Whats the story? Have they improved their turnaround time?

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #645 of 852
I'm fairly local to them so I'm going in there next week for a TF10 reshell.  I'm just going to let them do the impressions and any necessary refits should be a breeze in person.

I didn't have any questions for him while speaking to Adam on the phone, but he was a pleasure to talk to and said he would stay late during the week if needed to work around my schedule.  

I'll let you guys know how it goes and if anyone needs anything let me know.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back