Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Sep 23, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #601 of 852
Why is anyone still considering this company?
The build quality of my re-shell was horrible and they completely ignored my e-mails after that, they pretty much ruined my IEM's.

Oct 3, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #602 of 852
I just got the reshells of my UE700 back from Kozee.
The build quality was excellent and along the way of the 4 week wait, he gave me updates on how they were coming together.

The only thing is that the left earpiece doesn't fit exactly and the volume is really low along with the bass, which is almost completely gone.

I have emailed Adam about this and I hope that he can solve the problem.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am happy with my reshell

Oct 3, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #603 of 852
Adam means well, no doubt about it. Whether it's carelessness or simply lack of time management is anybody's guess. From the sound of it however, I do hope there still is light at the end of the tunnel for Kozee. Keep us posted my friend.

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #605 of 852
hmm, it's just a bit annoying for those overseas, if you have to bug them to get things done.  I'm envious of the four week wait some of you guys have had, I placed my order in June and am still waiting.... received an update that they were being shipped about 7 weeks ago.

Oct 12, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #607 of 852
I contacted Adam yesterday night and he responded early the next morning.  Here is an excerpt from his email:

Quote:
Kozee is finally caught up and our head is above water.  We are on track for quick turn around times once again and have been able to hire Stephanie for all of our customer service needs.

For those with issue I would advise contacting Kozee and seeing if you can get the issues resolved.  For those with current orders, please let us know your experience, good or bad.

Oct 22, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #609 of 852

Quote:
if they lowered their prices back to $90 i would give them a try

it's honestly pretty cheap considering that they have to send you an impression kit, but I'm really scared of the turnaround time and quality so i'm going to wait a few more weeks and see if things change.

Oct 22, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #611 of 852
I think the initial price was too low for any real profit, and therefore they were swamped with orders and then CS was affected.  Now they have hired an additional person to handle CS and probably make sure things are more organized, but in order to do so they raised prices.  Kind of a double edged sword.

I started to compile information on reshells but didn't get too far as I have a backlog of reviews, but here are some options:

Company
Reshell Done By
Country
Fisher Hearing
Fisher Hearing
USA
Unique Melody
Unique Melody
China
Kozee Sound Solutions
Kozee
USA
Thousand Sound
Thousand Sound
China
Rooth
Rooth
China
G Customs
G Customs
China
The Audio Hub
G Customs
Singapore
Null Audio
Rooth
Singapore
HiFi International
Rooth
Japan
Stage 93
Stage 93
Singapore

Oct 22, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #613 of 852

Quote:
I think the initial price was too low for any real profit, and therefore they were swamped with orders and then CS was affected.  Now they have hired an additional person to handle CS and probably make sure things are more organized, but in order to do so they raised prices.  Kind of a double edged sword.

I started to compile information on reshells but didn't get too far as I have a backlog of reviews, but here are some options:

Company
Reshell Done By
Country
Fisher Hearing
Fisher Hearing
USA
Unique Melody
Unique Melody
China
Kozee Sound Solutions
Kozee
USA
Thousand Sound
Thousand Sound
China
Rooth
Rooth
China
G Customs
G Customs
China
The Audio Hub
G Customs
Singapore
Null Audio
Rooth
Singapore
HiFi International
Rooth
Japan
Stage 93
Stage 93
Singapore

got any links or prices? kiteki told me there is a chinese company that reshells them for under 700 yuen

Oct 22, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #614 of 852

Quote:
got any links or prices? kiteki told me there is a chinese company that reshells them for under 700 yuen

You can go here for contact info.  I haven't had time to compile the pricing.

Oct 23, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #615 of 852
I researched the different companies that do reshells and decided on Kozee for their price, Location, and quick response from Adam to my initial questions.

Within a week of placing my order I had the impression kit. Impressions were easy to do and they arrived back at Kozee on Sept,16th. Adam informed me that the impressions and my third time cracked cable E530's(grr) were in and already being worked on. 

Up to placing my order any questions I asked were replied to by the next day, after maybe an initial day on a few, but always had my questions answered. (questions after my IEM's arrival were for a guy I work with and his IEM's, I did not pester Adam about my IEM's)

Right around the 4 week mark I received an email that my reshells were already on the way and would be at my doorstep the next day Yipee!  I work in a Ford factory 10hrs a day and having to do with a pair of 40.00 backups totally blew.

I had two different color shells and artwork added. One shell orange with the Detroit Tigers Old English D and the other Silver with the Detroit Lions Logo.

I quickly opened them up and examined the work. There are a few bubbles but im not one to sit there and stare at my IEM's, they will spend all their times in my ears, but what is showing while in my ears is excellent. Also for the price, a few bubbles = eh, as long as they seal and work. 

The seal/fit is perfect, the minute they were put in I knew they were spot on. Having spent a few nights at work with them, talking, moving ect they never broke seal. When I did my impressions I made sure to hold my mouth open around an inch and moved my lower jaw up and down some to make sure the impressions were perfect. My first impression on the right side after it set would already break seal some if say I made the motion of chewing gum. In went my second mold kit for the right ear and that one came out perfect. Left ear after my trials on the right came out perfect the first time.

Prior to these I had custom silicone tips made at my audiologist and always had issues with my left ear holding seal (even after a refit)

They sound just as good as before with a slight bump to the high end.

I wouldn't not hesitate to recommend Kozee, no issues and everything came out how I expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back