Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Aug 22, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #586 of 852

These are my first customs, and I had them remolded for comfort and isolation more than anything else. I believe on these 2 qualities, Adam has delivered. As the fit is good, I haven't had any problems wearing them for the past 2 hours, and the seal holds tight with my mouth both open and closed (fun fact: I can feel the seal shift a little if I smile). I'll need to keep testing them of course to see how prolonged use and wear feels. I'll be flying to Shanghai in November, so I'll at least be able to give them a real-world test in the somewhat near future. 

I also went to great lengths to get a DEEP insertion during the impression process (which I did on my own). This may have helped with my fitting. 

The fit and comfort are definitely superior to any universal that I've tried--and i've experimented with several. The build quality is also quite good. I can't notice any bubbles or deformations, and overall it seems superior to some Fischer Hearing molds I have seen in previous threads. Because they are done in a clear shell, it's interesting to look at the transistors and drivers.

I would advice anyone getting a universal remolded not to expect a brilliant change in the original sound signature. If anything, you may see a slight loss in the original presentation. But if your only goal is to have increased comfort and isolation, then I believe it's an option worth pursuing. So far, I've grown accustomed to the change and am pretty pleased with the end result (but I also say this knowing the TF10s are far from the golden standard in IEMs).

All-in-all, despite the incredibly long wait and the frustrations in dealing with Kozee's lack of information, I think I'm fairly pleased with the end-product. It's given me the confidence to try higher end customs in the future. I will have to say however, that this will likely be my first and last Kozee venture.

I believe you would definitely enjoy your JH16s, but I know the prospect of fighting another 3 months to get them re-fitted is terrible unappealing. 

Aug 23, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #588 of 852
I didn't ask for the colored tips. I believe they're there to indicate left (blue tip) and right (red tip). They match up with a the kozee cable, which has blue and right indicators. 

Aug 24, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #589 of 852
Updated timeline:
  1. On 4/2, Adam confirmed reception of my ear impressions.
  2. On 5/2, I asked for an update.
  3. On 5/4, Adam answered: "They are right in the middle of the process.  I'll let you know when they are being sent out.  Thanks for your patience!"
  4. On 5/19, I asked for an update.
  5. No answer.
  6. On 6/1, I asked for an update.    
  7. On 6/15, Adam sent me an email to let me know he'd finished my monitors and would send them the following day.
  8. On 6/17, Adam sent me an email to let me know he'd sent my monitors the day before.
  9. On 6/20, I received the X1 (in Taiwan).
  10. On 6/25, I sent an email to Adam to let him know I had a fit problem with the left monitor.  (The pain in my left ear is enough that I've given up on using the X1. I'm back to using my HF5.)
  11. No answer.
  12. On 7/7, I sent an email to Adam to remind him of my fit problem.
  13. No answer.
  1. On 7/16, I sent another email to Adam to remind him of my fit problem.
  2. No answer.
  3. On 7/23, I sent another email to Adam.
  4. No answer.
  5. On 7/24, I sent an eBay message to Adam.
  6. No answer.
  7. On 7/29, I sent a message to Adam using the contact form on his website.
  8. No answer.
  9. On 8/5, I filed a complaint with the BBB.
  10. On 8/24, I received an email from Stephanie (from Kozee). I emailed the BBB to put my complaint on hold.

I'll be honest: Two months to answer an email seems a bit long to me. But we'll see how things unfold from now on.

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #591 of 852

I would honestly call. It became blatantly obvious to me that Adam no longer reads emails. 
Quote:
I'll be honest: Two months to answer an email seems a bit long to me. But we'll see how things unfold from now on.

Aug 26, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #592 of 852
As unfortunate as it is, emails will get you nowhere fellas. We've been through this over and over again throughout this thread. Until and unless he is reached over the phone, communication is and has been non-existent for quite some time. It's the sad truth my friends, and whether or not Kozee plans to implement any changes in the near future remains to be said, but as it stands, I wouldn't count on it.

Aug 26, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #593 of 852
Kozee has answered my email, probably thanks to the BBB.

I refuse to pay for international calls. Above all since it appears that one call isn't enough, but that you need to call again and again and again if you want to ever see any result.

Aug 26, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #594 of 852
And you shouldn't have to my friend. It's very unfortunate that it took a BBB notice before Kozee answered your email, but there are really no surprises left at this point in time.

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #599 of 852
Well like I promised earlier, my review of the Westones UM3X reshells

After 6 months of waiting finally unveiled

Built : The design was to my specifications and the fit was close to perfect on the left side, however I felt that the right side was still a little loose, but the seal was good nonetheless
The cables felt the old westones cables, really flimsy.... I was expecting something closer to the TF10 cables, like the previous review had.

Minor imperfection, theres a line on the left earpiece, its not a crack, but I expect during the process, the color of the faceplate and the body did not meld properly, however no effect on the performance  

Sound quality : Straight off the bat, I noticed an improvement in the lows, the UM3Xs have really weak bass, and a very neutral tone, however thanks to the better seal of the customs, I felt the lows improved immensely and the sound being more vibrant, almost felt that it had an extra set of drivers in them. Its like having a new set of earphones all over again.

I'm now crazy in love with what I got, and would highly reccomend Kozee IF they improve the customer service and turn over time, 6 months is waaaay to long a wait.

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #600 of 852
Hey, congrats my friend! 6 months wait time leaves me short of words... Nevertheless, glad to find things worked out in your favor, and that you've no need to send them back again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back