Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Aug 17, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #571 of 852
According to the tracking info, it seems FedEx decided to tack on a day to the expcted delivery, which is now tomorrow.
blink.gif

Aug 18, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #572 of 852
As is evident, my Kozee journey ends here. Tis' a sad day for these ears. What could have been, or should have been, simply wasn't meant to be I suppose. Live & learn of course. Moving on...
redface.gif

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #574 of 852

Quote:
when does the 90 day fit warranty starts?

It ends when you receive them...  LOL, JK.  I'd have to assume when you receive them the 90 day fit warranty will start...  I could be wrong though.

Aug 18, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #575 of 852
I'm sire it's active once you've officially received them from Kozee, else you'd never know whether or not they FIT, :p.

Aug 18, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #577 of 852
Yes. Send it back as often as you like, within the 90-day period. That's partly why I went with Kozee to be honest, since the other competitors (at the time; may have changed now) offered only a 30-day re-fit policy.

Aug 20, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #580 of 852
Correct. This has been confirmed via Adam directly over the phone just recently.

Aug 20, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #582 of 852
I personally paid through PayPal, without issues. If you're experiencing difficulty however, I suggest calling Adam (see Lloyd Hearing for the number), and request that he send you a PayPal invoice for the total amount. You'll have to wait until Monday however, if you wish to speak with him. Else, I'd tell you to send them an email, but you most probably won't hear back.

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #583 of 852
I'm sorry to hear about your recent fitting problems i2Ehan :frowning2:

Thank you again for helping me contact Adam. I also finally received my IEMs today after a 4 month waiting process.  I was fortunate that my molds seem to fit perfectly with no trouble. 

I can also provide further confirmation that Adam no longer re-shells in silicone. Supposedly one of the problems with my re-shell was  that I had originally requested a silicone re-mold and the mold failed to keep shape after several tries.

I was, however, only informed of this complication after calling Kozee's offices several days in a row. For everyone else still waiting, the key really, is to be as persistent as possible. It is an unpleasant task, but I only succeeded in getting answers and up to date information by regularly calling Kozee's offices. 

Below is an iphone picture of my acrylic remold(though I had not requested clear face plates, I refuse to send them back)

Aug 22, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #584 of 852
Live and learn my friend. Nothing to loose sleep over.
smile.gif

Now, I'm eager to know. How do they sound?

Aug 22, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #585 of 852
In case I forgot to mention to the general public, I had my Universal UE TF10's reshelled :) 

Unfortunately, I don't have a stock pair lying around to do some A/B testing, so my comparisons are mostly from memory (which I will admit may be suspect because I had first sent my impressions and TF10s to Adam on 5/11).

I've spent the past 2 hours comparing them to my other headphones, the AKG K702, Fischer Audio F11, and YUIN OK2, so I feel I have a relative idea of their performance.

The bass remains relatively intact from what I can remember of the stock TF10s, with deep, heavy impact. I feel the treble has gotten a little sharper honestly, with slightly more pronounced sibilance. The mids also are fairly recessed, which again matches up to the original TF10 sound signature. The sound stage is somewhat similar to my Yuin OK2 with a fairly even presentation, though narrower than both of my open-ear headphones (K702 non-withstanding). 

Overall I feel it mimics the original TF10 fairly well, though I feel the mids are a little more recessed and the treble more sibilant with less sparkle(if this description makes sense). I believe the overall sound signature is probably similar to Average_Joe's original TF10 reshell. 

I will admit to being much more keenly aware of the recessed mids, but I think this is more due to my increased exposure to the K702 over the past few months, than any problem with the re-shell. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back