Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Jun 18, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #361 of 852
I'll do my best with what limited knowledge I have to express what it is I'm hearing my friend. :)

Jun 18, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #362 of 852
Well, I stopped by yesterday to drop off my UE TF10, he is working out of Lloyds And said Kozee is a part or branch of Lloyds. Did a quick google search and found this:

http://lloydhearingaid.com/shopping/aboutus.asp

It looks like a family business. Anyways met Adam and his dad Andy (his picture is in the link) real nice people. Adam did the impressions for me and I told him I wanted a translucent black color, so he showed me a couple of reshells that were about to be shipped one was black with artwork on it and another was the translucent black I wanted. He told me it was going to take about three weeks to finish them, so it looks like things are picking up!

Jun 19, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #363 of 852
hmm I got an email from Adam that said he was working on my reshell and is up to the laser etching process and it was still 2 week away from being shipped

this makes 8 weeks and counting... sigh

Jun 20, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #364 of 852
It looks like a family business. Anyways met Adam and his dad Andy (his picture is in the link) real nice people. Adam did the impressions for me and I told him I wanted a translucent black color, so he showed me a couple of reshells that were about to be shipped one was black with artwork on it and another was the translucent black I wanted. He told me it was going to take about three weeks to finish them, so it looks like things are picking up!

Translucent black with artwork? If so what was the artwork because this could be a very good sign for me...

Jun 20, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #365 of 852
The black with artwork was it solid black with white artwork?  On one side it said JH13pro in roman numero and a cross on the other?

Jun 20, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #366 of 852

Quote:
Quote:

Translucent black with artwork? If so what was the artwork because this could be a very good sign for me...

The Translucent black had no artwork.

Quote:
The black with artwork was it solid black with white artwork?  On one side it said JH13pro in roman numero and a cross on the other?

Yes on artwork, don't remember if it said JH13pro.

Jun 20, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #367 of 852

Quote:
hmm I got an email from Adam that said he was working on my reshell and is up to the laser etching process and it was still 2 week away from being shipped

this makes 8 weeks and counting... sigh

8 weeks hugh?   Is the starting point the day you submitted your order, when you received the kit, when it was shipped, or when Adam received it?

Jun 21, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #368 of 852
A quick update:

1. On 4/2, Adam confirmed reception of my ear impressions.
  2. On 5/2, I asked for an update.
  3. On 5/4, Adam answered: "They are right in the middle of the process.  I'll let you know when they are being sent out.  Thanks for your patience!"
  4. On 5/19, I asked for an update.
  5. No answer.
  6. On 6/1, I asked for an update.
  7. No answer.

1. On 6/15, Adam sent me an email to let me know he'd finished my monitors and would send them the following day.
  2. On 6/17, Adam sent me an email to let me know he'd sent my monitors the day before.
  3. On 6/20, I received the X1 (in Taiwan).

First impressions: Those customs protrude a lot and are rather shallow (so that they're very easy to fit in, even though they're made of silicone). The seal on the right is perfect. The seal on the left can be attained, but it easily breaks, either when I open my mouth or just with the passing of time. I have to push the earphone back in fairly often, and my left ear currently hurts a bit. On the other hand, when the seal has been created, isolation is excellent -- better than my HF5's with Shure black foam "olive" tips!

Jun 21, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #369 of 852

Quote:

First impressions: Those customs protrude a lot and are rather shallow (so that they're very easy to fit in, even though they're made of silicone). The seal on the right is perfect. The seal on the left can be attained, but it easily breaks, either when I open my mouth or just with the passing of time. I have to push the earphone back in fairly often, and my left ear currently hurts a bit. On the other hand, when the seal has been created, isolation is excellent -- better than my HF5's with Shure black foam "olive" tips!

Pictures? 

My X1 (executive, so it's acrylic instead of silicone) is also kind of a shallow fit like yours. At first I didn't care for the fit as much as my other customs, but it grew on me over time. I like how I can really quickly slip them in or out.

Jun 21, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #370 of 852
No picture for the moment. Maybe later. In the meantime:
charts.jpg

HF5, X1, and T50RP, in that order.

Jun 21, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #371 of 852
I 1st ordered on 4th april, and got the impression kit around late april, so its 8 weeks since i sent my impression back and almost 11 weeks since I 1st ordered

Quote:
8 weeks hugh?   Is the starting point the day you submitted your order, when you received the kit, when it was shipped, or when Adam received it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back