Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
May 28, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #316 of 852
Received my tf10 re shell last week.

Fit is good, SQ is good.
Build quality: lot's of bubbles, not the color I asked for & cable sockets too big, one IEM fell off resulting in a small crack on the inside of the shell.

Will try to write a more detailed review later.

May 28, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #317 of 852
Just canceled my order, or I hope I did. Sent Adam one final email detailing my concerns. I hope he reads it and cancels my order. The only thing that concerns me is that he never charged my account for the reshelling fee. I hope he reads the email, discards my card information and does not send out an impression kit. I will most likely be sending my TF10 to UM in China and adding a mid driver to the IEMs. I am truly sorry that my experience with Kozee did not work out. I wish it had so that I could have gotten customs before I moved. Now I will have to wait a couple months to get my customs.

Just for more specifics, placed the order on 5/17/11 with FedEx 2-day shipping. Have not received an impression kit or email back from Adam since then. It seems like 8 business days should be enough for some communication but what do I know.

May 30, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #318 of 852

Quote:
Just canceled my order, or I hope I did. Sent Adam one final email detailing my concerns. I hope he reads it and cancels my order. The only thing that concerns me is that he never charged my account for the reshelling fee. I hope he reads the email, discards my card information and does not send out an impression kit. I will most likely be sending my TF10 to UM in China and adding a mid driver to the IEMs. I am truly sorry that my experience with Kozee did not work out. I wish it had so that I could have gotten customs before I moved. Now I will have to wait a couple months to get my customs.

Just for more specifics, placed the order on 5/17/11 with FedEx 2-day shipping. Have not received an impression kit or email back from Adam since then. It seems like 8 business days should be enough for some communication but what do I know.

I think they may not charge you until after the customs are done.

May 30, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #319 of 852
Didn't you pay when you ordered the reshell? Well I paid when I ordered my reshell and received two Emails saying that my payment was received. And this was weeks ago, not only I didn't get the impression kit, Adam doesn't even reply my email for over a week now. I want to cancel my order and reshell it with some other companies since I feel like it'll take a couple years for this to be done. For those of you who are considering Kozee to do reshells, do yourself a favor and go with Fisher Hearing or UM or sth, time is precious and not letting your customer know what is going on isn't the way how you do business. When I have time I'll see if I can reach Adam by phone and cancel my order.

May 30, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #320 of 852
^Fisher Hearing already has a backlog of 5-6 weeks, but is very responsive with replying back to emails. Same with 1964ears, but a bit more delay on the emails.

May 31, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #321 of 852
Well, I guess I have to stick it out for a while, hopefully either Adam can email us back or just chime in here to let everybody know whats going on, not much I can do about canceling since he has my mold and JH13, atleast I hope he does, never got the confirmation reply.  I am all for a start up business with quality product, now if he can only pop in here and give us some news.

May 31, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #322 of 852
For me, I'm not sure if I payed because I just got an email saying the order was placed. I agree that Adam needs to contact people back and hopefully he will and everyone can get things sorted out. Something must have happened because I can not think of any other reason for a person to not be able to take an hour of their day to read through emails.

May 31, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #323 of 852
Just got a reply from Adam, he's absolutely swamped, still trying to clear his work backlog from the head-fi crowd.  I told him about posting in this thread to let everybody know some status updates and he said that he will try to do that shortly and perhaps take a day off reply emails from everybody.  Btw my new ETA time is 1.5 weeks, my impression was sent on 5/5 so roughly on track.  Will update on news.

May 31, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #324 of 852

Quote:
Just got a reply from Adam, he's absolutely swamped, still trying to clear his work backlog from the head-fi crowd.  I told him about posting in this thread to let everybody know some status updates and he said that he will try to do that shortly and perhaps take a day off reply emails from everybody.  Btw my new ETA time is 1.5 weeks, my impression was sent on 5/5 so roughly on track.  Will update on news.

Thanks for the update. I can see his dilemma - Should he spend a few hours answering emails, or building and shipping a few products? If there isn't time for both, I'd say finishing the orders is priority. Ideally though all emails would be answered as well. Hopefully he can find a balance while not overworking himself too hard. 

A quick weekly update on this thread or maybe his website would be a fairly efficient way of keeping people informed. Just a big list saying who's order was received, whose impressions where received, whose are being built this week, and so on. 

Jun 1, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #325 of 852
Received my tf10 re shell last week.

Fit is good, SQ is good.
Build quality: lot's of bubbles, not the color I asked for & cable sockets too big, one IEM fell off resulting in a small crack on the inside of the shell.

Will try to write a more detailed review later.

I just really hope this isn't the norm.

Jun 1, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #326 of 852
Did Kozee just take down their contact number? I called them yesterday and no one was there, when I tried to call them today and I no longer can find their contact number on the Kozee website.
Then I tried to log in my account to see if there's anything there then it says service unavailable. Does anyone know what is happening? And still no Email reply from Adam, I love how he says I'll "try" to reply Emails every time and yet has never done it. Sorry to say this, but my experience with Kozee is starting to get unpleasant.

Jun 3, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #328 of 852
I sent Email about two weeks ago and the site was glitchy so not sure if it went through ! Tried the call back thing yesterday we shall see but it is not looking good. Might just go with Fischer I don't mind waiting as long as there is some sort of feedback !

Jun 3, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #330 of 852
Well I am going with Fischer ! I e-mailed Kaysen a little after I first posted and within 5 hrs or so had a reply !  It's gonna be a little more expensive but not by much and it seems like the really want the business  ! So if you don't want to wait weeks for an e-mail or no feedback go with Fischer ! Good luck to Kozee I hope they work out their problems hire more staff I really did want to give them a shot oh well !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back