Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Apr 5, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #151 of 852
@project86   Yes, I had come to that conclusion as well when combining my experience and from reading yours and ljoker early impressions that the upgraded driver of the " X1 executive edition" has more treble extension than the " X1 silicone edition".
The bass presentation I also find quite enjoyable and suitable for my needs. I think I actually prefer the "bass"  presentation more than with my  DBA-02 or TF10, although I don't have them right now, but hopefully I will have them back soon when they have been reshelled (acrylic version). The tour de force of the X1 is at least to my ears it's midrange with it's spacious almost out of the head presentation and it seems like this is one of common traits of the Kozee's custom line-up, although no one as far as I know have heard the X2 yet.   

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #155 of 852

[size=medium]
Care to give us a quick peek on what the X2's sound is like? Actually I just would like to know how the bass of the X2 sounds, is it really in between the X1 and the X3? My readings tell me the X1 may be too bass light for me, X3 sounds okay but I'm not keen on buying an X3, X2 seems like the sweet spot for me, but only if the bass has enough presence for my sensibilities.
[/size]

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #156 of 852

Quote:
That sounds really great, but what's the twist, if I may be so bold ?  Maybe the X2 in a silicone, vented version with a detachable cable :wink: 

Nope, nothing that cool (yet).  I am talking with Adam and will let you know when it is worked out...

Quote:

[size=medium]
Care to give us a quick peek on what the X2's sound is like? Actually I just would like to know how the bass of the X2 sounds, is it really in between the X1 and the X3? My readings tell me the X1 may be too bass light for me, X3 sounds okay but I'm not keen on buying an X3, X2 seems like the sweet spot for me, but only if the bass has enough presence for my sensibilities.
[/size]

I can't give a quick peek on something I have not heard yet...

Apr 10, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #157 of 852
Received the TF10 reshell back today (along with the universal) and did a quick comparison.  Sound is similar, the treble sparkle seems to be there, the bass seems more exciting and deeper, and the mids a little more forward, but less than I remember before.  Of course, I will take more time to evaluate the differences, but so far it seems like a winner.  The treble filters seem to be slightly further back than before.

Thanks Adam!

Apr 10, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #158 of 852
Just a quick query, I ordered the universal reshell from kozee, and am still waiting for my impression package, but have not received any tracking number for my package.

Did you guys received your tracking numbers ?

side note, I did contact Adam about the tracking numbers and to give him instructions for my custom designs but have not heard from him in a week. :S

Apr 10, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #159 of 852
I am thinking about getting a x1 and still debating weather I should get the silicone or the acrylic shell, my main concern is the comfort and from my readings silicone is soft and more comfortable, I don't know how comfortable acrylic is. And also if the cable breaks then I'll have a hard time replacing the silicone one, this is giving me a hard time to choose between the two, also I am eagerly waiting for people's reviews on the x1 and wanting to know how the sound is, from the two initial impressions, it doesn't sound like it suits my personal listening preference perfectly, but for this price and the comfort, I can't complain too much. I'll keep my eyes on this post, hopefully a review of X1 is coming on the way!

Apr 10, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #160 of 852
I'll be able to comment on the silicone as soon as my TF10 reshell arrives. They received mine the 22nd of March and I'm still waiting on them. I know I need to patient, but as of right now I'm stuck with some Skullcandys and...well...once you go hi-fi, you never go back!

Apr 10, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #164 of 852

Quote:
Received the TF10 reshell back today (along with the universal) and did a quick comparison.  Sound is similar, the treble sparkle seems to be there, the bass seems more exciting and deeper, and the mids a little more forward, but less than I remember before.  Of course, I will take more time to evaluate the differences, but so far it seems like a winner.  The treble filters seem to be slightly further back than before.

Thanks Adam!

eek.gif
!!
I really hope mine is tuned exactly like yours. I'd be perfectly content if they come back unaltered, but slightly more lows-mid's would be a warm welcome.
think I'll send him an e-mail incase mine hasnt shipped yet. Cant wait for your impressions
popcorn.gif

PS: did he ever give you tracking info, or did they just come in unexpected?

Apr 11, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #165 of 852
I was surprised when I looked at my mail Saturday.  And I am not sure which tuning I prefer from a sound signature perspective, the first custom tuning or the current custom tuning, although the treble hasn't been sibilant at all like I found the universal could be, but I still have to try it with my iPhone.

edited for better clarification of what I meant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back