Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Mar 28, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #106 of 852

Quote:
New to the board! I sent my UE TF10pros and impressions in about a week ago.  I have been emailing Adam for about 2 months and was very impressed with his customer service.  I thought about the executive package but ended up doing the basic so we can compare the two when I get them. These will be my first customs and I chose acrylic instead of the silicone, based solely on the fact I'm hard on my gear.   I honestly can't wait to not have to fiddle with universals while playing, losing the seal in the middle of a set is disrupting to say the least.  The impression kit was easy and I did it by myself. The pictures posted are really encouraging they look fantastic. 

I don't think the executive package would apply to a reshell, since he just uses the drivers from your TF10s. If I understand correctly, you can either get the silicone shell with attached cables or the acrylic with detachable cables, but aside from that there is no difference.

I think you made the right choice though: if your reshell looks anything like my X1s or Average Joe's X3s and TF10 reshell, you will love them. What color did you choose?

Mar 28, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #107 of 852
I chose the clear acrylic mostly to see the quality of the build/soldering.  I didn't request the kozee logo or the L/R color variation but love what they did with average joes.  I almost went alienears but found kozee and I couldn't argue with the 100 dollar difference. 

Mar 28, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #108 of 852

Quote:
Has anyone thought about custom tips with Kozee? I've emailed Adam some questions about them with my W4 so hopefully I get a reply soon but I'm in no rush to get them yet.

I have, but it wont be for quite a while. I have actually been talking to him about the possibility of doing an "all-in-one" solution where the impression can accept a attenuated filter, impact valve and IEM tip. He's looking into it, but it may take some time. If he can pull this off, I'd be very happy :)

Quote:
I chose the clear acrylic mostly to see the quality of the build/soldering.  I didn't request the kozee logo or the L/R color variation but love what they did with average joes.  I almost went alienears but found kozee and I couldn't argue with the 100 dollar difference. 

You mean you requested not to have the logo and colors, correct? otherwise they go on by default. If you want full clear, let him know you want your terminals clear also; otherwise he may go with black ones if you dont specify.

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #111 of 852

Quote:
Anyone heard back from Kozee recently?  Sent an email today and wondering how long it'll take before I get a response.

I got an email from Adam a few days ago.  Very reasonable response time of 2-3 days considering.  Very polite and professional.  I think I shall find some work for him.

Mar 30, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #112 of 852
does anyone know whether i can use any other cables (westone, ultimate ears, etc.) with the X1s?  from what i can see from the pics so far i think i might get another cable with a shorter memory wire.  adam received my impressions on 3/11 so im hoping to receive my X1s is a week or two.

Mar 30, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #113 of 852
@ kmha: you can specify which type of connector you want to use for your reshell.  I would imagine the UE connector would be standard, so you can use any UE replacement cable.  You can also ask for a Westone style and get a Westone cable. 

Mar 31, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #116 of 852
I received them, did an initial evaluation of them, and sent them back along with my universal TF10.  The reason they were sent back was because, while the bass extended deeper and the mids were pulled forward, the treble lost the sparkle.  I tried to push the treble driver filter back, which did improve the treble sparkle, but I pushed the inner part of one of the filters through the outer metal shell, messing them up.  Adam graciously is redoing the whole thing since they couldn't fix it otherwise.  I guess I should have just sent it back in, but I was trying to avoid sending it in at all.

So, I will wait for however long it takes to get it right.

Mar 31, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #117 of 852
I'm kind of disappointed they can't scan existing customs. I don't like the idea of using a DIY kit and don't want to pay $50 for impressions.

Mar 31, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #118 of 852

Quote:
I'm kind of disappointed they can't scan existing customs. I don't like the idea of using a DIY kit and don't want to pay $50 for impressions.

It's inconvenient for sure but the laser scanner and associated bits is quite costly.  As far as I know only UE and ACS do the laser scanning.  ACS just having recently added it.  If Adam bought the system the cost of his IEMs would definitely rise.  After two customs I thought you might have a set of molds available already. 

Edit - I've been informed Fisher hearing does scans as well.

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #119 of 852
That is true about the cost. I do have two sets of impressions but 1964 Ears did not return mine and the previous custom did not fit that well. I'm not sending either of the two pairs of impressions that don't fit too well :p

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #120 of 852

Quote:
That is true about the cost. I do have two sets of impressions but 1964 Ears did not return mine and the previous custom did not fit that well. I'm not sending either of the two pairs of impressions that don't fit too well :p

It's a good point though.  If I ever get UE customs I think I'd prefer it if they scanned my Westones instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back