Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Mar 16, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #61 of 852
After spending a while contemplating my options between Kozee Sound and UM, I decided to go with Kozee Sound and sent my UE10 Pro customs for reshell to Adam.  The price is awesome, and the quoted 14 days turnaround time appealed to me in comparison to UM's 4-5 weeks turnaround time and risk of customs problem.  I should have my reshelled IEMs back before the end of March.  Can't wait!

Mar 16, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #63 of 852
Took some pics of my Infinity X1:

Box (same as Joe's - slides open with a split down the middle). Made out of heavy cardboard. Protective and functional.

Accessory pack - handy illustrated product guide, original molds, velvety soft pouch, and excellent clamshell case. A cleaning tool (not shown) is also included

Earphones themselves - very smooth molds - no bubbles, no scratches, no fingerprints. Very light to the touch, also - feels more like plastic than acrylic.

Closeup of a shell. Aside from the wiring it's pretty much empty. The (single) driver is partway inside the nozzle.

Drivers more visible in this pic. The custom cable seems to be a UE  - much longer stretch of memory wire than with my Westone Elite cords.

Mar 16, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #64 of 852

Quote:
Took some pics of my Infinity X1:

Box (same as Joe's - slides open with a split down the middle). Made out of heavy cardboard. Protective and functional.

Accessory pack - handy illustrated product guide, original molds, velvety soft pouch, and excellent clamshell case. A cleaning tool (not shown) is also included

Earphones themselves - very smooth molds - no bubbles, no scratches, no fingerprints. Very light to the touch, also - feels more like plastic than acrylic.

Closeup of a shell. Aside from the wiring it's pretty much empty. The (single) driver is partway inside the nozzle.

Drivers more visible in this pic. The custom cable seems to be a UE  - much longer stretch of memory wire than with my Westone Elite cords.

that looks real nice joker, how's the fit?

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #65 of 852

Quote:
it may be closer to early-mid april.
if I'm not mistaken, shipping isnt factored into the turnaround and he needs to send you the impression kit.

Luckily, I shipped my UE10pro with ear impressions from audiologist, shipped next day :)  

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #66 of 852
wow |joker|, those are insanely good looking. does anyone know if there is a way to polish the surface without changing the fit? that appears to be the difference between them and the more expensive companies

Quote:
Luckily, I shipped my UE10pro with ear impressions from audiologist, shipped next day :)  

haha, I had a feeling you were up to something. I hope you get yours by the end of march; although not before mine!
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #67 of 852

Quote:
that looks real nice joker, how's the fit?

The fit is fine - the nozzles are a bit shorter than the ones on my 1964Ts and I can make them lose seal for a second with a violent head jerk but for general use it's fine. I actually wrote some 10-minute impressions of the fit and sound last week.

Quote:
wow |joker|, those are insanely good looking. does anyone know if there is a way to polish the surface without changing the fit? that appears to be the difference between them and the more expensive companies

I actually quite like the matte finish but it would probably need to be coated rather than polished for that shiny look.

Mar 17, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #68 of 852
Does anybody know what's up with Adam? I emailed him and got a very quick response then I emailed him back with some more questions and got no response in the past 4 days. Is he on vacation or something?

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #69 of 852

Quote:
Does anybody know what's up with Adam? I emailed him and got a very quick response then I emailed him back with some more questions and got no response in the past 4 days. Is he on vacation or something?

I think Average Joe mentioned something about a new addition to his family (Adam's family, not Joe's family). If he has a new baby, he will be understandably busy/exhausted for a while.

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #70 of 852
I talked with him today (so many things to discuss it was much easier than email), so he should have responded by now.  I didn't ask him about the delayed response, but he has a newborn at home, so there may be sleepless nights, etc.  I did want to mention one of the things I discussed with him was that he probably can adjust the TF10 tuning if you ask.  And I also asked him (again) about recessed jacks for the cable and he did say if people make note of it when ordering, he can do so.

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #71 of 852

Quote:
I talked with him today (so many things to discuss it was much easier than email), so he should have responded by now.  I didn't ask him about the delayed response, but he has a newborn at home, so there may be sleepless nights, etc.  I did want to mention one of the things I discussed with him was that he probably can adjust the TF10 tuning if you ask.  And I also asked him (again) about recessed jacks for the cable and he did say if people make note of it when ordering, he can do so.

Yep, I already asked him about clear jacks and flush-recessed; it looks like he can do both. I plan to do some snowboarding, so I went with recessed thinking it will help protect the cable prongs in the event the unfortunate tumble happens.
I'm thinking about making mention to have the same lows-mids you noticed on your tune average_joe. they may be  welcome change in my opinion :)

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #72 of 852

Quote:
@mochan

Have you looked at future sonics?  They use dynamic drivers and I've read that they are bassy.

Thanks for the heads up, I should look at those.

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #73 of 852
A few things:

If Adam has a newborn, let's leave him alone for a few weeks.... unless he needs the "business" as an excuse to get out of the house or something. I emailed him a few days ago with some questions and told him to take his time answering, but now I feel bad for bugging him.

Joker mentioned his X1s feeling more like plastic than acrylic and being really lightweight. Mine are the same. I don't mean this in a negative way at all, it's just different. As I said before though they are remarkably well built.

Joker also mentioned that his don't insert as deep as his other customs. Same with mine. Joe, are yours somewhat shallow as well? Again, not a problem for me, just slightly different. It's actually quite comfortable and works great for sleeping.

I've been listening exclusively to the X1 for a while now and I've started to adjust to their sound. I'm really enjoying them! No, they don't compete with the more expensive competition, but they are very pleasing on their own terms. I've got several other reviews to finish and post before I do a proper X1 review, so I'm just posting impressions on this thread to give people an idea of how they sound. I still find the highs a little "course" at times, but in other cases it actually helps the music be more engaging, in kind of a Grado-ish way. They also do very well with Jazz.... I was jamming to the 24/96 HDtracks release of the McCoy Tyner Quartet's New York Reunion album last night, and enjoyed it so much that I stopped listening for the little imperfections... before I knew it the whole album had gone by. Good stuff.

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #74 of 852
A newborn is definitely a handful. I should hold off with my order then as he probably won't be too focused with his business at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back