Koss UR-40 Giveaway
Feb 21, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #106 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by shmoreblore2009 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
see... this is where principle comes in. You know that you are an adamant free-thinking individual when you show enough self-restraint to value your own morales over materialistic gain. As.we.proceed is right on the money with his observation and analysis of the (de-)evolution of mainstream music. So in conclusion, congratulations to all who just turned to the dark side of dark sides for a bunch of electronic magnets and circuit boards wrapped around in plastic and pleather to comfort your head with. I hope you enjoy those while society crumbles all around you, but oh wait... YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO HEAR IT!!!!

This is a perfect example of what I was saying earlier. Need I say more?

Feb 21, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #107 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by as.we.proceed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can anyone in their right mind say that BRITNEY and Miley Cyrus have any value what so ever? hahaha "mainstream" music once was ok.thats why we still listen to "The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix".can you image that 20 years from now we will still be listening to the mainstream "artists" of today? if being mainstream was synonymous with being good then how do you explain the baha men "who let the dogs out" and macarenas of our time? its all about image, not about the music.its all about finding a catchy hook not about substance. every now and then there will come a valuable mainsteam artist, few and far between.

Nah, I don't think all mainstream music is good. (Hence the entry requirements for this thread.
biggrin.gif
) However, I don't ignore a particular artist because they're "mainstream", and I'm not surprised when they're good.
smily_headphones1.gif
You know what I mean?

Feb 21, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #108 of 143
I have gone to over 100+ classical orchestra concerts over the last 6 years. I love going to operas (sometimes after three hour operas I wish I could see it again soon thereafter) and musicals. I love progressive rock, psychedelic, and all types of metal. I love the classical guitar and its music and I was going to pursue a Major in Guitar Performance before my hands gave out because of over practice. I enjoy electronica. I enjoy alternative rock and pop and R&B and folk and Hip Hip, etc. I can see value in what is mainstream and what is underground, what is rare or usually found. I just enjoy music. Even if one doesn't see value in something doesn't mean it doesn't have value. Only a close minded person would think otherwise. I prefer Prokofiev to Miley and Porcupine Tree to Britney Spears... but they all have value.
wink_face.gif

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #112 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by shmoreblore2009 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
see... this is where principle comes in. You know that you are an adamant free-thinking individual when you show enough self-restraint to value your own morales over materialistic gain. As.we.proceed is right on the money with his observation and analysis of the (de-)evolution of mainstream music. So in conclusion, congratulations to all who just turned to the dark side of dark sides for a bunch of electronic magnets and circuit boards wrapped around in plastic and pleather to comfort your head with. I hope you enjoy those while society crumbles all around you, but oh wait... YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO HEAR IT!!!!

a state of free thinking is truly a difficult state of mind to achieve, as we are a product of our society. we are tainted with our surroundings. until that point comes when that which blinds us can be shed off without fear, with a firm belief in the "one" that is self, step back with a decided stance, take a deep breath and truly see... then it becomes blindingly obvious.

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #119 of 143
Who is Miley Cyrus? Gratz to whoever wins
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back