Koss UR-40 Giveaway
Feb 20, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #91 of 143
Two more days.
smily_headphones1.gif

(Drawing on Monday)

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #93 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphone Jack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is your criteria for picking a winner?

Hey,

I'm just going to make a list of everyone's name who entered and assign each of them a number.

Then, I'll use random.org to pick one of the numbers, and we have a winner!

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #94 of 143
I have noticed that many audiophiles/musicians are too stuffy. You tell them that you enjoy any mainstream pop or hip hop music and you'd think that you uttered something terrible. I take music very seriously but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy music for being music - as it is a wonderful thing.
beerchug.gif

Do no worry if you enjoy the value of Britney Spears and the value of Modest Mussorgsky. It does not lessen your musical mind to see the value of both. It just goes to show that you are a well rounded music lover. So for the sake of this social audiophile experiment... I love Miley Cyrus.

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #95 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphone Jack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have noticed that many audiophiles/musicians are too stuffy. You tell them that you enjoy any mainstream pop or hip hop music and you'd think that you uttered something terrible. I take music very seriously but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy music for being music - as it is a wonderful thing.
beerchug.gif

Do no worry if you enjoy the value of Britney Spears and the value of Modest Mussorgsky. It does not lessen your musical mind to see the value of both. It just goes to show that you are a well rounded music lover. So for the sake of this social audiophile experiment... I love Miley Cyrus.

Oh man, I hate that mentality too. Most of my favorite bands are pretty "mainstream" such as The Killers, Modest Mouse, Muse, and Weezer. Of course, one of my favorite bands are Passion Pit, an indie synth-pop band. There's nothing wrong with a little mix.
biggrin.gif

The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, etc. are probably as mainstream as it gets, but they're some of the best artists out there!

They're "mainstream" for a reason. They're good.

These days pretty much any popular alternative band are good because it's so hard to get out of the indie scene unless your sound is the (IMO) overused and same-sounding modern rock or are really, really talented. I suppose it's a good time to be an alternative lover.

Feb 21, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #97 of 143
I love Miley Cyrus!

and The Killers, some Modest Mouse, 2 tracks of Muse, and some weezer.

but I don't like the beatles.

oh well, good luck to the winner. I hope they enjoy the headphones.
(don't include me. I don't need any more cans)

Feb 21, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #99 of 143
I love Miley Cyrus!

You have no idea how painful this is for me.
biggrin.gif

Jeez. If you're gonna do that to me, why not, I love the Jonas Brothers! too? -_-

Good luck guys. I really want some.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #103 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh man, I hate that mentality too. Most of my favorite bands are pretty "mainstream" such as The Killers, Modest Mouse, Muse, and Weezer. Of course, one of my favorite bands are Passion Pit, an indie synth-pop band. There's nothing wrong with a little mix.
biggrin.gif

The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, etc. are probably as mainstream as it gets, but they're some of the best artists out there!

They're "mainstream" for a reason. They're good.

These days pretty much any popular alternative band are good because it's so hard to get out of the indie scene unless your sound is the (IMO) overused and same-sounding modern rock or are really, really talented. I suppose it's a good time to be an alternative lover.

can anyone in their right mind say that BRITNEY and Miley Cyrus have any value what so ever? hahaha "mainstream" music once was ok.thats why we still listen to "The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix".can you image that 20 years from now we will still be listening to the mainstream "artists" of today? if being mainstream was synonymous with being good then how do you explain the baha men "who let the dogs out" and macarenas of our time? its all about image, not about the music.its all about finding a catchy hook not about substance. every now and then there will come a valuable mainsteam artist, few and far between.

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #105 of 143
see... this is where principle comes in. You know that you are an adamant free-thinking individual when you show enough self-restraint to value your own morales over materialistic gain. As.we.proceed is right on the money with his observation and analysis of the (de-)evolution of mainstream music. So in conclusion, congratulations to all who just turned to the dark side of dark sides for a bunch of electronic magnets and circuit boards wrapped around in plastic and pleather to comfort your head with. I hope you enjoy those while society crumbles all around you, but oh wait... YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO HEAR IT!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back