Koss PortaPro w/ ATH-ON3 pads mod (pics)
Apr 25, 2010 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dyce

Head-Fier
20100425_001.jpg

paired with Clip+, rockbox with 6-8db bass gain, and fiio e3, these things are bass thumping monsters. most songs sound great, some may clip but thats probably just the e3.

what I have noticed though at "rock out" volumes the bass will distort the driver if you are not wearing them. but with these pads and a little adjusting on your head, the rattling distortion of the driver disappears and thumps bass into your ears. the stock pads distort though.

i nabbed the pads from a audiotechnica knock off from dealextreme, which is around 6 shipped.

DealExtreme: $5.75 Designer's Fashion Sport Style Stereo Headphone - Black (3.5mm Jack/110cm Cable)

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #3 of 4
they surely do work with the ksc75 as i was originally using it with them with a headband from parts express. though im not sure how well it works with the clips but its worth a try.

I originally glued them on to my ksc75 but it actually fits around it. but gluing adds to the thickness which may give more to squeeze on your ear (if you a are trying to stop the bass from distorting).

Nov 5, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #4 of 4
Im thinking about buying comfortable earpads for my koss porta pro. I heard that you can use pads from sennheiser px 200 anyone used them, do you need to mod something  to put them on or are they easy to put on no modding needed ? Also what is the differents in quality of sennheiser px 200 earpads and those from dealextreme that dyce posted, are they (sennheiser) worth paying few extra bucks ( I mean in quality and comfort on the ears) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back