Koss Portapro Replacement - another PORTABLE headphone please (extreme basshead)
Jul 25, 2010 at 3:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cloneman

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I tried getting some full-size headphones to upgrade my current setup of Fiio E5 + Koss Portapro. After trying DT770pro/80ohm, (insufficient bass), and MDR-XB700 (enough bass, but of the wrong "type") i've decided that full-size headphones are not for me (at least, not for music. They are great for movies/gaming).

I typically have my portable headphones almost completely off my ear and onto my (upper cheekbone?) so I can really crank it up and feel the bass without the treble destroying my hearing. Not only is it more satisfying for me, it's a lot safer than any other method of listening to music.... at least i think.

So, I'm looking for basshead suggestions for PORTABLE headphones that would be an upgrade on the Koss Portapro (more bass please...).

I'm thinking of replacing my VIA HD Audio (onboard sound) with an Azuntech X-Fi forte or something.

also, no earbuds please.

Jul 25, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #2 of 4
how about iem.. There are at least some great options such as hippo vb, fishcer enterna, atrios v3 when they come out

Jul 26, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #3 of 4
Jul 26, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 4
I have the JBL Ref 410 which are ridiculously bass heavy and are no bigger than the PX200ii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back