Koss porta pro cable noise (microphonics) how to fix ?
Jan 19, 2011 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xmoduser

New Head-Fier
Recently I encountered little annoying problem. Left cable from my koss porta pro (when I move head or cable, when wearing on ears) is making noise that sounds like it would rub against plastic. Sound is quiet when headphones are off but annoying when on my ears. I heard that people call this sensation cable microphonics. Are there any solutions to that. Currently I'm using insolating tape to hold cable in place but it is unaesthetic. Any other ideas. I was wondering maybe a little bit of oil for PC cooler's put on cable would fix that problem, but I'm not sure. Any solutions that wouldn't involve dissasembling of headphones would be much appreciated. Please help it you can.

Jan 19, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 3
There are some kinds of shoelaces that are (or can be made to be) hollow on the inside. If you found some of those you could probably use them to sheath the cable.

Jan 20, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #3 of 3
Yesterday I had an idea . I could inject a bit of silicone into the hole where cable is or maybe dirrectly on a cable but I would have to take apart earpiece. Are there any dissasemble guides for koss porta pro on the net. Is it easy or rather hard ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back