Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Aug 22, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #1,219 of 1,439
Hi all. I'm considering getting the KSC75 with Yaxi pads. Quick question: how to install the Yaxi pads on the KSC75? There's a Youtube video on how to do it on the KPH30i, but not on the KSC75. Is removing the stock earpads on the KSC75 a simple affair? Or more complicated like on the KPH30i (where one has to pop off the driver cover off)? Thanks in advance!

Aug 22, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #1,221 of 1,439
Hi all. I'm considering getting the KSC75 with Yaxi pads. Quick question: how to install the Yaxi pads on the KSC75? There's a Youtube video on how to do it on the KPH30i, but not on the KSC75. Is removing the stock earpads on the KSC75 a simple affair? Or more complicated like on the KPH30i (where one has to pop off the driver cover off)? Thanks in advance!
Very simple. The old pads just pop right off, and the Yaxi pads pop right on. There’s a gnarly serrated edge around the housing that helps hold the pads on. Easy Peezy!

Aug 22, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #1,222 of 1,439
It's much simpler and more straightforward than with KPH30i. As I recall they pop off quite easy. There might be some high pointy parts that hold it on, but it's easy to lift the pads off those points.

Very simple. The old pads just pop right off, and the Yaxi pads pop right on. There’s a gnarly serrated edge around the housing that helps hold the pads on. Easy Peezy!

Thank you for your input, much appreciated & good to know! Are there any 3rd party headbands for the KSC75 being sold on Amazon?

Aug 22, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #1,223 of 1,439
Thank you for your input, much appreciated & good to know! Are there any 3rd party headbands for the KSC75 being sold on Amazon?
My only recommendation would be the Parts Express headband. But you can buy directly from Parts Express as well. Do a search in the thread and you’ll see the pictures.

Aug 22, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #1,224 of 1,439
After listening to these I would love to see what Koss could do with full-size open back.
Did the Kramer Mod, didn't like it, filled the holes.
Opened the back, sound stage became slightly larger but negligible, it also ruined the original clarity.
Binned the drivers, ruined because the back is part of the driver unlike the Porta Pro with a separate driver (blue module).
As the KSC75 is relative inexpensive, it wouldn't hurt to open the back to satisfy curiosity.

I used a Sennheiser PX100 headband with Sennheisser HD414 yellow foam pads. Then modified the cables with MMCX connectors.
Light as in weight, bright as in sound, and now more comfortable, exactly what I had wanted in a pair of headphones.
The connectors is for when the upgraded cable breaks for any reason, I can simply pop another one on with ease.
Sometimes, less is more, or more is too much and ruins it.

I bought the KSC75 for its clarity, sparkle and I prefer that untouched.

Aug 23, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #1,225 of 1,439
My only recommendation would be the Parts Express headband. But you can buy directly from Parts Express as well. Do a search in the thread and you’ll see the pictures.

Thank you. I think buying from Parts Express directly would incur a lot of additional shipping charges for me, so I was hoping the headband is available on Amazon so that I could bundle it together with the KSC75 & Yaxi pads. Will see how it goes. Thanks again.

Aug 23, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #1,226 of 1,439
Thank you. I think buying from Parts Express directly would incur a lot of additional shipping charges for me, so I was hoping the headband is available on Amazon so that I could bundle it together with the KSC75 & Yaxi pads. Will see how it goes. Thanks again.
cool. It should be available on Amazon.

Sep 9, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #1,228 of 1,439
I absolutely love Porta Pros, they are my main driver at the gym and out and about. I have a pair of 6XX, LCD2C, and Aeon Flow Opens for dedicated music listening sessions with a proper DAC/ Amp.

I recently got some KSC75s with Yaxi pads and a parts express headband. Honestly, listening to music just straight through my Laptop is giving me a bit of a shock. I had to go to my desktop music setup and A/B my expensive headphones just to make sure I wasn't fooling myself. I've also given it 2 weeks just to check if I wasn't hyped. Wow these sound phenominal. The extra clamp from the headband ads a bit more bass and subbass and the Yaxi pads calms the trebble down.

It's a bit sad, as I think this setup takes me like 90% of the way there. While maybe my other midfi headphones go that extra 10 - 5%..

Why do these sound so good?!

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #1,229 of 1,439
I absolutely love Porta Pros, they are my main driver at the gym and out and about. I have a pair of 6XX, LCD2C, and Aeon Flow Opens for dedicated music listening sessions with a proper DAC/ Amp.

I recently got some KSC75s with Yaxi pads and a parts express headband. Honestly, listening to music just straight through my Laptop is giving me a bit of a shock. I had to go to my desktop music setup and A/B my expensive headphones just to make sure I wasn't fooling myself. I've also given it 2 weeks just to check if I wasn't hyped. Wow these sound phenominal. The extra clamp from the headband ads a bit more bass and subbass and the Yaxi pads calms the trebble down.

It's a bit sad, as I think this setup takes me like 90% of the way there. While maybe my other midfi headphones go that extra 10 - 5%..

Why do these sound so good?!

Boy oh boy...just get here quick damn Amazon order (the KSC75 I ordered is in them)!

That aside, I guess it's just the nature of this hobby, i.e. one pays so much more just to get that final 5%-10%. Thanks for sharing your impression of the KSC75 by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back