Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden Gem'' Hype.
Jan 19, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #1,426 of 1,439
Bumping my earlier question: after all these years are they still the giant killers? There is so much china-fi. I find it hard to believe (but I think I do) that these $20 sound like or better than a good $200 pair of Sennheisers. Point is I have both HD598 and HD439 and lots of China earphones and earbuds. I really want to believe they're better than my HD598, even if all I want is more a forward like, voice centred sound (Senns are too laid back). I don't even 'need' more details, just better vocals. Also they're about $38 here without any mods. If an EQ'ed HD598 could sound the same I might as well skip - i ve used it for years and still didn't break
Well I've recently gotten the 599. And I have to listen to them with the oratory1990 eq. I love them, but I think the ksc75's are better. There's more clarity and less bass bleed into the mids than the 599.

I'm no expert, so take that at you will. But I think the ksc75 is hard to beat at $20

Jan 21, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #1,427 of 1,439
This has been a few fantastic days since I've gotten these monsters. They really are fantastic. I'm very aware of new toy effect, that's why I think its fun to keep a few earphones/headphones, once in a time try something new old. These Koss really live up to the hype, regardless of the price they're great. Only thing I would've wanted else is I get fatigue really fast. No matter what music I feed them, they just do it with both precision and fun. From Dire Straits to Mozart. Vocals and instruments can "breathe". Wish I found them sooner - I've been a member here for more than ten years and I read about them in the very beginning... Thinking they were stupid. Well better later than never, hope they'll keep making them for ever.

Feb 10, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #1,433 of 1,439
Now I have a spare, second hand set and for hygiene reasons I want to buy new pads. On aliexpress 5 or so replacement pads are about $2 and I think I could find some fake yaxi and Sennheiser pads also. I'm quite satisfied with stock pads but I read so many good things about other brands, if I buy other pads they might only very lessen the highs and nothing else really. Should I go try others or better go for the stock ones?

Feb 10, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #1,434 of 1,439
Now I have a spare, second hand set and for hygiene reasons I want to buy new pads. On aliexpress 5 or so replacement pads are about $2 and I think I could find some fake yaxi and Sennheiser pads also. I'm quite satisfied with stock pads but I read so many good things about other brands, if I buy other pads they might only very lessen the highs and nothing else really. Should I go try others or better go for the stock ones?
I really like the yaxi pads on them.

Feb 10, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #1,435 of 1,439
My mojo is to keep them less bulky so I keep the stock pads on them. Realistically, this foam is nothing special so any would work. I just prefer the shape of the original ones.

May 1, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #1,438 of 1,439
I had the MMCX adapters (snap-on version from thingverse.com) made for my KSC75s and the Print-a-Thing vendor was kind enough to send along an extra pair. If you're in the US* and you're looking to do the same mod and need the adapters, I can drop them in an envelope and send them to you. Just DM me!

*Only reason I say US only is because it makes no sense to pay the currently exorbitant shipping to send them to another country. For half the cost, you're better off just having them printed yourself. If you use Print-a-Thing, you can simply link to the specs (cited above) and they'll do everything else for you.

KSC75 parts.jpg

May 2, 2024 at 10:59 PM Post #1,439 of 1,439
I had the MMCX adapters (snap-on version from thingverse.com) made for my KSC75s and the Print-a-Thing vendor was kind enough to send along an extra pair. If you're in the US* and you're looking to do the same mod and need the adapters, I can drop them in an envelope and send them to you. Just DM me!

*Only reason I say US only is because it makes no sense to pay the currently exorbitant shipping to send them to another country. For half the cost, you're better off just having them printed yourself. If you use Print-a-Thing, you can simply link to the specs (cited above) and they'll do everything else for you.

KSC75 parts.jpg
Very cool. I need to see if my library has a 3d printer so I can print those out. I'd love to mod both my ksc75 and porta pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back