koss ksc75
Jul 24, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #2 of 25
its a very good product for its price

sound quality is more determined by your files, if you're using an mp3 player or your computer as a source

no isolation, they're open phones and clip ons

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #5 of 25
Anyone heard of the search button? They are probably one of the single most talked about headphone here
blink.gif

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get them.

+1

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNew007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
everybody else: How does this compare against the ultimate ears super.fi 3 and the shure e2c?

apples and oranges

the iems you listed win in
detail, isolation, size

if you're gonna go for an entry level iem
maybe look into the etymotic er6i...i think they're the ksc75 of the iem world

or maybe look into canalphones. they're a cross between earbuds and iems. they still seal your ear canal, but they also use a dynamic driver. probably more comfortable than an earbud or iem
something like the sennheiser cx300 or its "counterpart" the creative ep630

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNew007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nickrobotron: If you've made threads about them then why can't I?

everybody else: How does this compare against the ultimate ears super.fi 3 and the shure e2c?

You can! I actually hated it so much when someone made fun of my thread about which amp to use with my K271's and usually defend people who get bashed for repeating a thread. Sorry, but I was actually thinking that it would be fun to make a thread like this as a joke, just because the KSC75's are talked about SOOO much. I was thinking something like "What headphone is clip-on, sounds really great for the money, and easy to mod?" If you missed the threads, that's cool. I was trying to poke fun at how much we talk about these headphones.

Jul 24, 2007 at 10:41 AM Post #13 of 25
They are well respected budget headphones.
* Pretty good price to sound quality ratio.
* No isolation (open, clip-on).

Jul 24, 2007 at 10:48 AM Post #14 of 25
One thing that isn't a joke, is that my wife STOLE mine! Yeah; she liked them so much, and they were so handy to use that she ripped them off from me for exclusive use on her new iPod about six months ago, and won't give them back!
very_evil_smiley.gif

One nice thing about them is that they are so inexpensive that to get a pair is not a bad idea for someone just getting started, and wishing to get some kind of an idea of the "other" sound, like from the Alessandro and Grado side of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back