Koss KSC75 vs. KSC35
Oct 20, 2005 at 3:03 PM Post #16 of 22
A follow-up to the above comments, because I don't want anyone finding this thread to get the wrong impression, along with a large "Doh!" in my general direction.

Full story: I finally found out why the portable phones I've been experimenting with on my Karma all felt way too bassy. I've had the "Rock" EQ preset on for the last month, haven't I
rolleyes.gif
I turn the EQ on so infrequently (pretty much only when I'm using the Karma on my Dad's car stereo, which really needs it) that I completely forgot to turn it off again. The KSC-35s are definitely not too bassy for me, in fact they're pretty much perfect in every way. They do indeed carry some extra 'magic' in the mid-bass over the 75s, and I really really like them. Woo!
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2005 at 5:12 PM Post #17 of 22
my vote would go to the ksc35. they sound fuller than the ksc75 although the 75 aren't slouches either. i used to think the ksc35 had bloated bass but that was directly out of an ipod. amp'd, the bass tightens up and more punchy. definitely a fun set of cans. if you happen to have both and find that the ksc35 clips are uncomfortable, you can always use the ksc75 clips on the ksc35. they're pretty much interchangeable.

Oct 20, 2005 at 5:28 PM Post #18 of 22
If the KSC-75 use the titanium drivers, and if the KTX-Pro1 is any indication... I really like the sound of the older non-titanium drivers in the KSC-35 a lot better. They're a little bassier, but IMO the whole spectrum is better balanced otherwise, and treble is significantly better.

Oct 21, 2005 at 1:13 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kameleon
I turn the EQ on so infrequently (pretty much only when I'm using the Karma on my Dad's car stereo, which really needs it) that I completely forgot to turn it off again. The KSC-35s are definitely not too bassy for me, in fact they're pretty much perfect in every way. They do indeed carry some extra 'magic' in the mid-bass over the 75s, and I really really like them. Woo!
biggrin.gif

I'm not much on most of the Karma preset EQ's but you might try the Trance setting with the KSC-35/75.
icon10.gif

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #20 of 22
Jun 13, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #22 of 22

Users who are viewing this thread

Back