Koss KSC75: My Mouth Is Still Open!!
Mar 19, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #106 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert
I price matched CC with radioshack..so I got 1 with volume control 1 without..
yeah..my conclusion still stands...no volume control = better sound.

I agree. I was making a funny about having to pay an extra $7 for 'em.
icon10.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:00 AM Post #107 of 125
How does this one compare with the portapro2's? I have the portapros & almost picked these up today - but resisted. Is it worth it to have both?

Mar 19, 2006 at 6:24 AM Post #108 of 125
Mar 19, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #109 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by micaela
How does this one compare with the portapro2's? I have the portapros & almost picked these up today - but resisted. Is it worth it to have both?

Yes, the 2 are very different sounding. The 75 is brighter more airy sounding and adds treble articulation. Some find it grainy. The PP, PP2 and sporta are bass heavy and slightly rolled off highs.

Mar 19, 2006 at 7:02 AM Post #110 of 125
I just got another pair from Circuit City, and to my surprise it didn't have a volume control (thank god).

I can't get over how great these sound for a measly $20. I actually prefer the sound of these to the sound of my HD555's when it comes to most of the music I listen to (rock, metal, prog rock, etc...). Such a great buy.

So, how about that head-fi edition KSC75, eh?

Mar 19, 2006 at 7:05 AM Post #111 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capital R
I just got another pair from Circuit City, and to my surprise it didn't have a volume control (thank god).

I can't get over how great these sound for a measly $20. I actually prefer the sound of these to the sound of my HD555's when it comes to most of the music I listen to (rock, metal, prog rock, etc...). Such a great buy.

So, how about that head-fi edition KSC75, eh?

Sit tight... Lets let Jude work out the business end of it with Koss. It may never materialize. If it does, it shurely will be the most massive group buy in headfi history!!!

keep your fingers crossed.... pray!!

Garrett

Mar 19, 2006 at 10:10 AM Post #112 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert
I price matched CC with radioshack..so I got 1 with volume control 1 without..
yeah..my conclusion still stands...no volume control = better sound.

How much better? And can I just splice the volume control out?

Mar 19, 2006 at 11:41 AM Post #113 of 125
Since I'm rebuilding my setup, I just had to get another 2 pairs of these clips to run around the house with.

Koss knows what their doing here, because even when these clips eventually break, you just don't mind shelling out a few bucks for another pair!
eek.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 11:51 AM Post #114 of 125
*shakes fist*
biggrin.gif

So I decided to jump on the band wagon here. I'm starting my move back to the US, and had to (reluctantly) pack my A900s and Fubar setup. I'll have my E3c for my flight back.

KSC75... oh man these are sooo goooood. Amped, unamped, out of my PC, out of my iPod...you guys weren't kidding!

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #115 of 125
Hi all:

Ran down to the Radio Shack near my in-laws in Queens yesterday so I wouldn't miss out on the marked-down KSC-75s. To my surprise, the regular price for the phones at this particular store is $14.99! I'm happy to tell all the NYC Head-Fiers that this store is at 71st and Continental in Forest Hills (right off of Austin Street), but should I be stocking up on these myself, or have Radio Shack and Koss made this a permanent price reduction?

Best,
Kevin

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:27 PM Post #116 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Connectz
How much better? And can I just splice the volume control out?

noticably better as in cleaner base and just overall more neutual sounding. And yes splice the pot works. but y bother? go to circuit city and PM a non pot ksc75...

Mar 25, 2006 at 12:56 PM Post #117 of 125
Sigh.....

Sigh.....

I've been hearing about these KSC-75's for the longest time...but the awful design put me off.

I'm so used to listening to px100 at home, e5c for portable and now hd 485 at home...do you think i'll still WOW at ksc-75?

Should i get it?

Sigh...

Mar 25, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #119 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyoel182
Whats awful about the design? Everyone here seems to love them.

Well, not me.
I have the 35s and I like it's design a lot more than the 75s. However, the love they get has a lot to do with the price/quality deal. They are great headphones for the price.

Mar 25, 2006 at 3:23 PM Post #120 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyoel182
Whats awful about the design? Everyone here seems to love them.

I think the problem is that they are portable phones, but they lack isolation, which makes them almost useless to me. At home Id rather listen to my hd595's, and at school Id rather use my akg k26p's because I can actaully hear the music in crowded areas.
But for $15, I really can't complain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back