Koss KSC-35 vs. KSC-75
Oct 30, 2004 at 4:15 PM Post #46 of 56
At least on my ears, the 35's offer the snuggest fit. The ear clips don't pinch at all (again, on my anatomoy) and are comfortable to wear for hours. I barely notice they are on my head. I can jog or go mountain biking with them on, and they have yet to fall off. I can't say the same for the 50's (with the new style bendy ear clips)--they were too heavy and made my ears feel droopy like Dumbo, and they swayed back and forth while exercising (not comfortable at all, and sound quality suffered as you lost the tight seal against your ear). I think you will love the 35's.

Oct 30, 2004 at 4:41 PM Post #47 of 56
Thanks for the push (I think)
tongue.gif
It didn't take much to get me order now while the 25% off offer is still in effect. I also got some more of the 75s to give away as Christmas presents.

Oct 31, 2004 at 12:20 AM Post #48 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Earwax
Thanks for the push (I think)
tongue.gif
It didn't take much to get me order now while the 25% off offer is still in effect. I also got some more of the 75s to give away as Christmas presents.

you might save more with the free shipping (-$6?)...

Oct 31, 2004 at 12:22 AM Post #49 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
At least on my ears, the 35's offer the snuggest fit. The ear clips don't pinch at all (again, on my anatomoy) and are comfortable to wear for hours. I barely notice they are on my head. I can jog or go mountain biking with them on, and they have yet to fall off. I can't say the same for the 50's (with the new style bendy ear clips)--they were too heavy and made my ears feel droopy like Dumbo, and they swayed back and forth while exercising (not comfortable at all, and sound quality suffered as you lost the tight seal against your ear). I think you will love the 35's.

yeah, i've heard that the 75s are quite a bit heavier (even though that's still pretty light).

Nov 7, 2004 at 6:52 PM Post #50 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
just wondering- still the same amount of leakage?

Did someone answer this already? I thought I read the entire thing but I saw no mention of this?

Nov 7, 2004 at 7:57 PM Post #51 of 56
Maybe you can come to a conclusion with what i can see.

If you look at the KSC35s you will see that the frame or housing of the driver is what has the fins and the spikes that hold the pad. The 35s have everything mounted to the houseing of the driver thats why its so light. Its like a raw driver strapped to your ear.

The KSC50 and 75 have an outside shell with additional venting, the 35 driver frame with an outside cover adding a different look and weight. The shell will change the sound and block some sound also (i dont notice any)

The 35s have a tight clip maybe thats why they dont fall off. The 75s are more comfortable but fit loose. With the 75s you can adjust them to fit like the 35s. If you dont want a loose fit then bend them to fit and be painful like the 35s. It dont make sence to say the 75s fall off and the 35s dont because you can adjust them to be just as tight and painful as the 35s its your adjustment.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nov 7, 2004 at 9:11 PM Post #52 of 56
I've had the 35s for a few days now and the 75s for a week longer. The 35s are black and a bit thinner and 10 grams lighter. For me that's just enough that they don't flop around on my ears when I'm walking around and they don't stand out as much in appearance as the silver 75s do. But the 35's do start to pinch after an hour or 2 of wearing them, the earclip is one piece of plastic and not adjustable. The plastic & wire earclip of the 75s can be adjusted so they don't pinch and are very comfortable for sitting around. I could be happy with either, but I think I'll use the 35s more for walking around.

Soundwise, I can't find a difference. Sometimes I hear something, but then I switch them around and don't find it a second time. My year-old 55s are definately darker in sound than either. putting them flat against a solid surface, they both seem to leak sound the same.

Both the 35 and 75 are fantastic deals for $20 to $30. Full bass, clear highs, dynamic mids, what more you you ask for in a portable headphone?
rs1smile.gif

Nov 7, 2004 at 9:54 PM Post #53 of 56
the 55s are clipons like the 35 and 75 or are those the street style?

Im a bit confused on the 50s and 55s. I have another pair of the clipons besides the 35 and 75 but im not sure what model they are.
blink.gif

are they 50 or 55?
confused.gif

Nov 7, 2004 at 10:05 PM Post #54 of 56
Yes, the KSC-55 is the streetstyle (neckband) one. The one in your photo (above) appears to be the clip-on KSC-50. The 55s are also comfortable for walking around, even jogging, but after 2 hours or so, they start to pinch a bit like the 35s. The single-sided cord is very convenient as well.

KSC-55:
attachment.php

Nov 8, 2004 at 12:16 AM Post #56 of 56
iRiver SlimX iMP-350 and the KSC-55 (doesn't like clip-ons, earbuds or canalphones; regular over-the-head portables like the PX100 mess up her hair so the KSC-55 is the only decent-sounding solution for her).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back