Koss KSC-35 vs. KSC-75
Oct 12, 2004 at 5:28 PM Post #31 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingantichimp
Guys with KSC-35's:

What do you do when the foams start to wear apart / rip some ? They kinda seem to have a unique, small size to them, so I don't know how to replace it.

Take em off, muahahha. My foam hasn't even ripped, but it's a mod to actually take them off since the detail and bass are better. But it's a bit more fatiguing that way since the highs are now cut loose.

Oct 13, 2004 at 12:45 AM Post #33 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingantichimp
Guys with KSC-35's:

What do you do when the foams start to wear apart / rip some ? They kinda seem to have a unique, small size to them, so I don't know how to replace it.

go to koss.com, click customer service, there is a link that says "earpads" the KSC35 is in the list for $5. sounds like a deal to me.

or click here

Oct 13, 2004 at 7:57 PM Post #35 of 56
I read on headwize that people got e-mails for a buy one get one free on the KSC75. Does anyone know anythign about this? Maybe its sent to the people who order threw koss already? those who have ordered the KSC35 online?

Oct 13, 2004 at 8:13 PM Post #36 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by BowerR64
I read on headwize that people got e-mails for a buy one get one free on the KSC75. Does anyone know anythign about this? Maybe its sent to the people who order threw koss already? those who have ordered the KSC35 online?

I think the deal is buy two KSC-75 get one free?

Oct 18, 2004 at 5:47 PM Post #37 of 56
It was over, im not sure why i thought the deal was still avlable.

I got both today and the KSC75 dont have the midrange the 35s have. The 75 are more comfortable then the 35s similar bass and treble

Oct 21, 2004 at 12:06 AM Post #38 of 56
just got a pair of the 75s. Havent heard the 35. best portable phones i've ever heard in this price range. finally something with enough detail to enjoy music on the go
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 27, 2004 at 10:16 AM Post #39 of 56
I bought a couple of those micro microphones and rigged up a little setup to recrd the frequency curve of the headphones. I put the tiny microphones in my ear canals and recorded the results.

Look how close they are.

attachment.php

Remember these are all usign the same driver, the UR40 and the KSC75 use the titanium diaphram.
attachment.php

Oct 27, 2004 at 11:24 AM Post #40 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Take em off, muahahha. My foam hasn't even ripped, but it's a mod to actually take them off since the detail and bass are better. But it's a bit more fatiguing that way since the highs are now cut loose.

there's no match for me , they are better in every way without the foam

Oct 27, 2004 at 11:24 AM Post #41 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by BowerR64
It was over, im not sure why i thought the deal was still avlable.

I got both today and the KSC75 dont have the midrange the 35s have. The 75 are more comfortable then the 35s similar bass and treble

which one you prefer ?

Oct 27, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #42 of 56
75s over the 35s, UR40 over the portapros. They are all very easy to drive, but the comfort of the 75 makes them better. Also the comfort of the UR40 make them better then the portapros. After a while the 35s and the portapros start to hurt your ears.

Oct 27, 2004 at 8:36 PM Post #43 of 56
darn... i knew i should've gotten the 75s. now who was it that said "for the time being, if you want 35 sound get the 35s"? ugh! lol

Oct 30, 2004 at 4:11 PM Post #45 of 56
The 75s are very comfortable, but while walking outside I felt like they were shifting around a lot. They didn't actually fall off or anything, they just shifted about some. I never have that happen with the 55s, so I may have to stick with the 55s for walking even if they're less comfortable over the long run.
But now I'm curious if the 35s might hold a little better especially on small ears.

Any ideas?

I'm so tempted to try the 35s now, talk me into ( or out of ) trying them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back