Koss KPH30i appreciation thread
Dec 2, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #182 of 354
Just got some on ear pleather blue pads 20201202_141935.jpg20201202_141919.jpg

Dec 2, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #183 of 354
Are they like over ear with the g pads? Since the pads look way too big for on ears

The ears touch the pads a bit, so they are not truly "over ears", But they are barely noticeable and are very comfortable, so in that respect, they are like over ears.

Just got some on ear pleather blue pads 20201202_141935.jpg20201202_141919.jpg

Looks great! Let us know how they sound.

Dec 2, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #184 of 354
The ears touch the pads a bit, so they are not truly "over ears", But they are barely noticeable and are very comfortable, so in that respect, they are like over ears.

Looks great! Let us know how they sound.
The bass is a little bit more and soundstage also ...But there is an echoing effect on some songs like u hear a song in a toonel.

Dec 2, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #186 of 354
Are they like over ear with the g pads? Since the pads look way too big for on ears
Tried it on mine, just not the pulling off foam pads part, so far am liking it, it makes the Koss sounds.... Grand, which should be impossible....
it does make the thing super inefficient to drive, just that reason make me want to do the irreversible part of the mod....

Dec 3, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #187 of 354
Tried it on mine, just not the pulling off foam pads part, so far am liking it, it makes the Koss sounds.... Grand, which should be impossible....
it does make the thing super inefficient to drive, just that reason make me want to do the irreversible part of the mod....

If you are careful and take your time, you can get the original pads off without wrecking them. Then again, once you put the G cushions on, you'll have no need for the original pads!

Dec 3, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #188 of 354
Well, you would want a pair with the original pads for mobility purposes (ie not to get laughed at when out and about). I am going to be buying another pair for that purpose.

Dec 3, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #189 of 354
Well, you would want a pair with the original pads for mobility purposes (ie not to get laughed at when out and about). I am going to be buying another pair for that purpose.
Meh people would already give you looks for not haveing a wireless headphone or having one that is "80s style", so **** the old pads and get some comfort and stage

Dec 3, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #190 of 354
the other reason why I would like to keep the stock pads on is because the KPH30i is my perfect bedside headphone, its so small it doesn't feel uncomfortable lying down for a long time with it on. also i wont be too fussed if I am ever careless in the future and snapped the cables when i fell asleep with it on.
I already have a couple other headphones with huge soundstage so am holding off for mow, at least until the original pads flake off on their own.

Dec 9, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #192 of 354
Meh people would already give you looks for not haveing a wireless headphone or having one that is "80s style", so **** the old pads and get some comfort and stage

Ha ha! I don't mind the looks of the kph30i's at all (especially the gray ones), and I would have no problem wearing them outside. And as far as wires go, I always have my wired earbuds plugged into my ears (and my BTR3K bluetooth receiver) anyway, so I don't care what people think about wires. But the khp30i's + huGe pads in public? Nope! Even I have my limits LOL.

the other reason why I would like to keep the stock pads on is because the KPH30i is my perfect bedside headphone, its so small it doesn't feel uncomfortable lying down for a long time with it on. also i wont be too fussed if I am ever careless in the future and snapped the cables when i fell asleep with it on.
I already have a couple other headphones with huge soundstage so am holding off for mow, at least until the original pads flake off on their own.

Yes, stock would be pretty good for bedside. But if you put the huGE cushions on, you won't even need pillows! :wink:

Dec 16, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #193 of 354
Just joined the KPH30i club! If you check my signature, you'll know that I'm a big fan of Koss.

Anyway, when I compare the 30is to the 75s (my personal fave), it's a little more veiled. Compared to the KTXPro1s, the 1s appear not to require as much amp to power and sound slightly better. The 1s are more comfortable as well, but can creak when you bob your head a certain way. The 1s are also really aesthetically... odd-looking. Whereas, the 30is wins the overall less-goofy looking Koss award :) The cable on the KPH30i is way more solid compared to all the other Koss cans in this price range as well.

If only Koss used this KPH30i headband and cable with the KSC75s, then that would probably be my favorite. I might have to burn-in the KPH30is some more though. The Grado G-cushion mod looks cool, but I don't really want to disassemble the 30is as I'm always prone to breaking something! Just a quick review.

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #195 of 354
Don’t judge. It’s a Christmas gift project based on KPH-30i. It requires a lot of modding so I won’t go into any details yet.
EBB84C1A-3699-4435-A83F-1C5F9B6EEDBE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back