Koss KPH30i appreciation thread
Dec 22, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #346 of 354
Use it on any 3.5 mm output.

Dec 22, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #347 of 354
Can I use this headphone with an amplifier that has standard 3-pin jack input? Kph30i has 4-pin jack. Or it is only compatible with smartphones, etc.
You can plug it into any 3.5mm output.

The 4th pin on the kph30i jack is for its microphone, used when plugged into a smartphone, PC, etc. It is simply ignored when plugged into a jack that doesn't have a mic input, such as most standalone amps.

Jan 2, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #349 of 354
The KPH30i has landed. Sounds familiar and good to me. The Porta Pro was one of the first headphones I really liked and then used extensively. This one sounds a bit brighter.

20240102-183821.jpg

Jan 8, 2024 at 4:24 PM Post #350 of 354
Short update after I was able to listen to it for a few days. I prefer it to the porta pro. In comparison, they sound similar but not the same. The KPH30i is slightly brighter. It is not foldable, which has not been a disadvantage so far. It's a pretty lightweight pair of headphones and it looks stable.

The KPH30i slideshow continues haha...
20240108-215637.jpg

Jan 8, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #351 of 354
Yes kph30i has a larger soundstage ,if we can call it that,for me it has a felling that you listen to a wider sound, without altering it in anyway.
It never gives you a fatigue in listening sessions over an hour ,which is the most i can handle with almost all phones ,before i rest my ears fro a few minutes!
I call it the "Cheap Phone- expensive sound"! Enjoy it!

Jan 9, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #353 of 354
Late to the KPH party but sure glad I joined. Even after reading all the stellar reviews I was honestly blown away the moment I put these on. Been primarily using IEMs for a while now. Since last summer I've been working from home more and I broke out some over-ears because they're easier to take on and off. Been using my OG SR60's and Momentums. Spontaneously threw these into my Amazon cart one day while ordering Christmas gifts. Added some knockoff Grado pads as well. Straight out of the box my jaw dropped. I've had PortaPros for maybe 20 years but never had the same reaction. Listened for a few days sans pads and decided to try them out. Didn't like it. Highs were ear-piercing at times. However, I hadn't cut a slit for the cord and had them resting on the outer edge of the original ear cup rather than fitting them into the groove of the cushion. Don't do that. Too much space. Make the slit and fit the cups in the groove. Since then I have been having a blast listening to all sorts of things in my little nook of a "home office" in the basement. The sound, coupled with the light weight and all around comfort, is just astounding to me.

Jan 24, 2024 at 11:11 AM Post #354 of 354
I have gotten back into working out since last month and am using the KPH30i's. Nice sound and super comfortable. And I don't have to worry about sweating all over them.

Definitely huge bang for the buck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back