KOSS A250 from KOSS eBay thread
Jul 16, 2006 at 7:05 AM Post #571 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega
Hear, hear. These have effectively replaced my K240's as well, and have saved me from a contemplated HD580 purchase. Now with the post-honeymoon sob going on in this thread, let's not start cheating on the missus. (whoah, too far with the analogy) It seems that a number of us have agreed that these headphones are competitive at the HD580 level, with a sound well-suited to what a lot of us listen to.

Now I'm dying to hear my new A130 as well (needed some closed cans for office use, and these seemed like a better deal than some K81dj), but they're with a headphone-loving colleague in Boston, and I've moved back to Berlin. In the meantime, my office-mate will just have to suffer.

-Erik

Dont bother with the HD580... it in a lot of ways is a step down from the A250. But of course that depends heavily on your preferences, amplification, sources and musical tastes. Given my preferences, its a land slide.
Garrett

Jul 16, 2006 at 7:30 AM Post #572 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Dont bother with the HD580... it in a lot of ways is a step down from the A250. But of course that depends heavily on your preferences and musical tastes. Given my preferences, its a land slide.
Garrett

Same here. I traded my 580 for an MS-1, I wont be trading these.

Jul 21, 2006 at 7:24 AM Post #573 of 701
i have let my A250 burn for 24hrs now and there is still alot of distortion
blink.gif
some times the mids flutter. on higher volume the music just sound like fart. whats going on? would it improve greatly upon longer burn?

sry guys about bumping this old thread up...

Jul 21, 2006 at 7:35 AM Post #574 of 701
Even if you don't hear a rattle, don't discount the possibility that you could have a loose driver. Also don't forget that they come with a lifetime warranty. So, you can always send them back to Koss for repair.

Jul 21, 2006 at 9:05 AM Post #575 of 701
humm dont think its loose drivers...its distortion from crappy drivers. i've put up the volume pretty high for the burn and the word to describe it would be "fart".

any one have the same problem when they first got their A250?

Jul 22, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #576 of 701
update...after over 50hrs of burn the farting has gone.
eggosmile.gif
bass has really tighten up. but voical(mids) has a type of reverb/flutter to it which sound as if the singer is singing towards a fan, kinna waffed. what would be the cause of this? lose drivers? or busted drivers? any help appricated...i dont wanna spend $60USD to send it back and forth if its something i can fix
mad.gif

Jul 22, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #577 of 701
Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I stumbled on this site when looking for a better set of headphones than my portapros. I just received a pair of the a130's from ebay. they sound pretty good, but I think that I want to upgrade my source. I use my notebook (dell d620) most of the time when I listen to music at my office. I think that I want to get one of the following to go with the laptop:

total bithead
fubar II dac
echo indigo dj
m-audio audiophile usb

I currently have a pa2v2, but I don't usually use it with the computer, because the headphone out from the computer is already really loud (i set it to 1 out of 20). Anyways, if anyone has opinions of which of the above would sound the best with the a130's and/or pa2v2, I would really appreciate any guidance.

Sorry if I should have posted this in the source thread, but I was looking for advice specific to these headphones.

Take care

Jul 22, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #578 of 701
after my reading I am going to go with a indigo DJ when I get a DAC for my comp. I like that it dosent use the USB. Go over to the Comp as source to read up on this subject.
-greg

O yea, this is my first time to get to say this.... Welcome to head-fi, Sorry about your wallet

EDIT: just read that you posted thas in the source forum too... my b.

But you might want to look to find some link in the chain that could make the sound alittle warmer, the only complaint tat i have with the a250s is a slight shirllness at times.

Aug 1, 2006 at 6:38 AM Post #580 of 701
Well, I still love my A250's, but as the temperature hits 100 degrees outside I am reminded of how much I HATE pleather.
mad.gif
Does anyone know if the Beyer DT250 pads will fit on the A250? (the number's the same, so they must be a match, right?
tongue.gif
) Looking at some pics the shape seems to be roughly similar but I can't tell about the size. If not these, is anyone aware of any other pad alternatives?

Aug 1, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #581 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by mektarus
Well, I still love my A250's, but as the temperature hits 100 degrees outside I am reminded of how much I HATE pleather.
mad.gif
Does anyone know if the Beyer DT250 pads will fit on the A250? (the number's the same, so they must be a match, right?
tongue.gif
) Looking at some pics the shape seems to be roughly similar but I can't tell about the size. If not these, is anyone aware of any other pad alternatives?

I'm betting somebody knows the answer to this question.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 2, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #582 of 701
Quote:

Originally Posted by mektarus
mad.gif
tongue.gif

That's right, I'm bumping it again. Because I feel sure that someone knows the answer to this. Kramer, how 'bout you? Don't you have DT250 pads on your V6's? Anyone?

Aug 2, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #583 of 701
I dont think DT250 or sony V6 earpads for that matter will fit. A250 earcups are HUGE.

I saw a european version of the A250 once and it had velour earpads.

Try contacting Nicole Weichert (she has a couple posts somewhere in this thread-monster) about availability of those velour pads.

Garrett

Aug 5, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #584 of 701
I just wanted to bump this thread for newbies like myself that are looking for a good, affordable set of cans. I got a pair of sr-80s as a package deal with my amplifier purchase, but I think the A130s are better in every way. Hence, I will probably just end up selling the grados. Though, I will give them a shot when I upgrade my source at some point. However, the a130s seem to work great with any source and they just rock. That is all.
580smile.gif

Aug 14, 2006 at 7:00 AM Post #585 of 701
Based on this thread I picked up a pair of a130's. After break in I would say there was some good aspects to the sound. But, there was a strange distortion on low bass that effected everything.

I tried gluing the drivers to the frame and things improved some in the mids. But, bass distortion was still there. While, I had things open, I noticed that the back of the driver had a series of approx 1/8" holes with all but two covered over in assembly. I guessed that the bass tuning was inaccurate to get the advertised "massive bass" on the package and went ahead and covered both holes with a small piece of tape. Distortion was gone, but bass was MIA. Next I tried leaving one hole uncovered. This is the right tuning point. The bass is deep and tight, with only an occasional obvious distorted bass note.

With the bass tuning and gluing down the drivers you have a very superior headphone in my estimation. Anyway, I felt like making a contribution to the thread after getting the tip for the a130 here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back